DAC Teradak 3.1D NOS DAC with TDA1543

reardonp6

Hot Ruddered Bum
Subscriber
Has any one tried this Dac? I am on the verge of ordering one. Any input would be helpful.
I'm not up on DAC's. I have a old MSB Links and a Monarchy DIP right now would this new one be much better?
Thanks

It's a NOS DAC, as in non-over-sampling, look it up. Expect it to be softer sounding than what you have, but you may find it more pleasing. TDA1543 based DACs tend to have tubey sound with rich mids and low-end. There are cheaper TDA1543-based DACs out there, but this Teradac seems to be pushing the limits with 8x chips and a built-in reclocker. It's limited to 96khz/16bit so limited for hi-res downloads of this is something you might be interested in. If your DIP is upsampling you might be able to use it upstream of the Teradac to get a slightly different sound flavor.

I have the Teradak and the Teradak Chameleon (separate power supply). They're well built and have a warm, analog sound. I've run them both for years so I'm happy with the sound & performance.

Looking forward to your comparisons.

It will be a while before I'm able to. I go on holidays next weekend for two weeks. If it can better the Gustard DAC-X12 I'll be incredibly impressed as that DAC still amazes me on a regular basis with a 20ga Western Electric IC after it to smooth things out.

Back
Top Bottom