DAC versus Bluetooth

scottonnob

Scott Palmer
I'm using an AUNE T1 with my iMac, then into my Rotel integrated amp, and it seems that the DAC is somehow interfering with the Mac's Bluetooth. The Bluetooth function within the computer kept shutting down and, no matter what I did, I was unable to get any function back without restarting the computer. Then it would shut down again an hour or two later. I kept getting the notice, "Bluetooth Not Available." The on/off toggle in System Preferences wouldn't work. As part of a de-bugging effort, once I unplugged the AUNE, the problem was solved. So now I'm just feeding straight to my amp with a 1/8" to RCA adapter. That leaves me not knowing what, if anything, to do with my new T1 paperweight. Has anyone had any experience with this problem? It's a 2010 Mac running High Sierra. There really weren't any problems prior to the operating system upgrade, as least not as far as I can recall. I'm stumped and can't find any discussion of this type of interference.

I don’t use Bluetooth anything in the house so not any help there. But I don’t see where I would be using it when listening to music in that set up. I do an iMac or Laptop about 50/50 to the Aune (when I was using it). Also running the T1 to my pre-amp is a huge jump in SQ over straight iMac or laptop. I guess after typing all that I don’t see your issue. Someone why smarter than I will probably chime in.

:beerchug:

That was probably my poor wording of the question. The set-up I'm talking about is in my writing, work area at home. I'm a technical science writer, so I sit for long periods of time listening to music while I work and write/type. Therefore, when Bluetooth shuts down, my mouse won't work. The Bluetooth has nothing to do with the music, but somehow they are fighting over something inside the same machine.

I guess I'm wondering if there is something specific in the AUNE circuitry that is causing the problem. If that's the case, I'll just get another DAC. But I don't want to waste the money if the same problem is going to come up.

Sorry, I will be no help with that one. You wouldn’t think it would but your symptoms point to it. Have you asked on Apples site?

Yeah, I haven't yet gone to those sites, but it's a good idea, and my next move. Thanks for the assistance.

Back
Top Bottom