Dahlquist dq 10.. My find this morning... Maybe a little help from; the elders

I totally, and completely restored a whole set that was given to me by an AKer. I used the factory cap upgrade kit, foam, and grill cloth. I used a walnut stain on the side boards. I have the bass module and when I rebuilt the box for it, I bypassed the shit out of everything. They have lasted way longer than any other speakers. I'm using a 600HZ Edgar horn off the Piezo tap as I can't handle piezos. The horn really sings at the VHF.

The earliest dq10s had cts woofers. Yours are very early and as someone remarked
Very clean.
Even the foam blocks around the woofer look great.
The felt behind the midbass is different than ive seen

Neat
But to make sound their best will need work
Cts or advent woofer? I cant recall what people have said.

The piezos are probably fine. Disconnect the other drivers and play music
I have a hard time hearing the piezo while the others are playing but on its own they clearly pass music

The best way to differentiate the piezo from midbass and tweeter is with static imo

My DQ 10's came with the CTS woofer and it didn't look anything like that woofer. Dahlquist changed it out as soon as I had a problem with one of them. Other woofers can be used, and may even be better, but the Advent type has it's own sound, that I like. Plugging in any old woofer will hurt you when you go to sell them.

Most of what you need to know already has been noted. I would only add that your DQ-10s are remarkably clean. The screws and other metal bits usually develop some degree of oxidation by now, even when kept in optimal conditions.

I believe the woofers are later model cts..dahlquist had a series of speakers called the box series..at least this is what ive read....and yes the cts was used in the first 2000 made...again from what I have read...I am assuming the po purchased these after the original cts wore out..like I said in previous post there is a piece of tape on the back that says dahlquist box sys..i do have low serial numbers...128 and 86..thats pretty cool...I do think ill pick up the advents nect time there is a pair on the local cl..they come up often...thanks everyone

Back
Top Bottom