Dahlquist DQ 10 speakers

asp69

Have a chance to buy a nice pair of Dahlquist DQ 10 speakers. The guy who has them is asking $200 for the pair. Should I be running to get these?

Pretty good price, not a steal, but you'd be ahead of the game. You'll probably need to refoam the woofers though.

$200 is a very good price especially if they are mirror imaged. Good luck!

cubdog

I'd go a couple bills on them

Phila CL has a set of refoamed, mirrored, with stands for 395 which I won't jump on.

Last edited:
Yes, a good deal even if they aren't mirror imaged, but in good shape. Mirror imaging is a 2-3 hour DIY job if you the skills.

Smokin.......Picked them up a few hours ago. They are in good shape all the driver work. They have not ever been re foamed. I have some pics of them. Give me a few I will get the posted. When I got there the guy told me he had someone wanting to buy them if I didn't take them. Kinda funny, he said the guy offered him $225 to sell to him. Kind shitty the guy even asked him to sell them to him after he knew I was on my way to look at them. Boy I tell you I just don't do things that away.

As promised here is some pictures. I will get some of the inside posted in the morning.:banana::banana::banana::banana:
Right speaker
SDC14673.jpg

Left speaker
SDC14672.jpg

Here is a couple shots of the front......and like always when grandpa brings out the camera the ladies must do the modeling
SDC14668.jpg

SDC14667.jpg

Now for the front shot
SDC14659.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, mirror imaged. :thmbsp:

One speaker looks like other with respect to the driver placement if one speaker was sat sideways next to a mirror. Mirror imaged means much better soundstage if the speakers are placed correctly. Look up the owner's manual to read about placement suggestions.

The piezo tweeters should be farthest apart.

Will do....
I have wanted these speaker from the first time I heard them......Man I think I first heard them in 81

it's a steal at $200 really. push them with big enough power and you'll see what i mean....:thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom