Dahlquist DQ-10

This might help:

771421-dahlquist-dq10-speakers-mirror-imaged-regnar-cap-upgrade-and-reconed-woofers.jpg

Get them 10" or so off the floor, and away from the wall behind them by about 30" and adjust from there. I liked mine with a subwoofer crossed over below 50 Hz and playing very very low volume. If you get rattles, check the screws on the drivers (they loosen up over time) and if the metal mesh on the back creates noise, you can run a thin foam weather strip from Home Depot around the edge of the bass cabinet to dampen the mesh.

This might help:

771421-dahlquist-dq10-speakers-mirror-imaged-regnar-cap-upgrade-and-reconed-woofers.jpg

Get them 10" or so off the floor, and away from the wall behind them by about 30" and adjust from there. I liked mine with a subwoofer crossed over below 50 Hz and playing very very low volume. If you get rattles, check the screws on the drivers (they loosen up over time) and if the metal mesh on the back creates noise, you can run a thin foam weather strip from Home Depot around the edge of the bass cabinet to dampen the mesh.

Thank you . Much appreciated. I notice your xovers are updated. Did you do it yourself?

Thank you . Much appreciated. I notice your xovers are updated. Did you do it yourself?

That's actually not my photo - sorry - I should have called that out. The DQ-10s I had were recapped by the previous owner. There's lots of instructions on the 'web and everything is readily accessible as you can see.

I sold my set a couple of years ago, but enjoyed them immensely while they were here! Congratulations on yours - post up some pictures?

That's actually not my photo - sorry - I should have called that out. The DQ-10s I had were recapped by the previous owner. There's lots of instructions on the 'web and everything is readily accessible as you can see.

I sold my set a couple of years ago, but enjoyed them immensely while they were here! Congratulations on yours - post up some pictures?

Thanks again. I should be able to get pics up later

Back
Top Bottom