to audition them also (first come first serve) I also asked if
he would take $300 he said, that would be fine. 11pm last
nite they were mine! Very nice older couple owned them &
had them in storage for 5 years. These are in exelent condition
and sound awsome, they're replacing my Atlantis oracle 3's
I also have on the side lines dqm-7's, dqm-9's so I knew I
would these above the cut. The ser. numbers are 00393, 00394
I had very little time to research these thoughts, experiences
and any idea what they go for in the current market?

Oh yeah, here are some pics........
b600f45d.jpg

58a55b40.jpg

5be8fcb6.jpg

Congratulations on picking up an outstanding speaker. A pair of DQ-30s I had really opened my eyes as to how much better sound was out there than the vintage box speakers I was running at the time. What are you driving them with? They like a lot of power. I had a separate high-current 100wpc amp, doubling that to 4ohm (which I think these are IIRC), and I still felt they were underpowered. They like a nice smooth top-end as far as amplification, or that titanium tweeter can get a bit hot. Placement is also kind of picky...they sound like completely different speakers depending on where you put them and toe-in, distance to walls, etc. But all of those qualifications are a small price to pay for the sound they are capable of.

As for what they're worth...hard to say. They're kind of hard to find buyers for due to their size and shape, which is a bit unorthodox. Mine were found at a used-clearing-out sale at a local shop, because they couldn't get rid of them. Those who've had them or have heard them tend to think they're worth a lot more than they go for, though. I'd say you got a great deal on yours, though.

that's great price....looks to be in excellent condition too...$300 is a great price and I would've paid the same

Congratulations on picking up an outstanding speaker. A pair of DQ-30s I had really opened my eyes as to how much better sound was out there than the vintage box speakers I was running at the time. What are you driving them with? They like a lot of power. I had a separate high-current 100wpc amp, doubling that to 4ohm (which I think these are IIRC), and I still felt they were underpowered. They like a nice smooth top-end as far as amplification, or that titanium tweeter can get a bit hot. Placement is also kind of picky...they sound like completely different speakers depending on where you put them and toe-in, distance to walls, etc. But all of those qualifications are a small price to pay for the sound they are capable of.

though.

I'm driving these with a sansui AU-919 intagrated amplifier and
very conservitavely rated at 100watts per ch 8ohm load. Not sure
what rating at 4ohm, I haven't checked the specs lately.
Thanx for your input, they curently rival my altec a7's VOTTs
in my HT setup & what a presents these make and like the
a7's an experience.

Back
Top Bottom