Dali Helicon 800

theoman

Confused Member
Subscriber
(not that anything would have sounded good in there. not much write ups on them. Anyone know what they are worth? Because of the price I might just grab them and flip if i dont like.

Last edited:
$9k was about retail for new. It looks to be in the $3k range used which is pretty standard for previous model speakers, 1/3rd of retail...

Is it cloth? Could be repaired with some black grade 80 cheesecloth. Just have to do both so they match...

It's still a lot of money if they have an issues. Make sure all the drivers are good and functioning. Are there any grilles?

I'm getting them at 1000.00[/QUOT

That's a steal. If you hear them functioning properly, you may have a hard time selling them. My Dali's use SEAS drivers and I recently replaced the tweeters. Dali was helpful and SEAS was also.

the grills are there and they all work properly. so far! as for the tweeter it looks like it can be dissembled. I have a pair of Zu audio speaker that has the same tweeter and no cloth.

replacement tweeters are 750 a pair and you have to by the dome tweeter with it.

...replacement tweeters are 750 a pair and you have to by the dome tweeter with it...

That is utter theft. Using spare parts as a profit centre when it should be a service! Criminals. You have to buy a pair? And a pair of domes too?

Remind me never to buy a pair of DALI.

That is utter theft. Using spare parts as a profit centre when it should be a service! Criminals. You have to buy a pair? And a pair of domes too?

Remind me never to buy a pair of DALI.

With 8k speakers you get 8k parts. But I found no issues with both tweeters its just a rubber framed cheese cloth insert. I will post it when I dissemble them.

Back
Top Bottom