Damage to Phono1

roblectric

I have already kicked my own arse for doing this but I inadvertently plugged my tuner into the phono1 jacks and gave it a test. Within seconds I knew something was wrong and shut everything down. What specifically have I damaged in my phono section? Brave enough to attempt repairs but also ignorant enough to screw it up.

Ouch! I did something similar once. I used the line out of my external phono pre and connected it to the phono input of my G99X. XXXTRA BIGGASSS PHONO!!! It instantly blew something and the channel balance of the phono input was damaged. Had to get it fixed by a tech.

Both phono 1 and phono 2 will use the same preamp - there may be an issue with dirty switch contacts somewhere that is makign things "sound not right."

I did this accidentally with a AU-555a - ran a full strength signal into the phono section. Sounded bloody awful but no damage done.

^^ right! There's no reason to assume damage if audio through phono 2 input is intact. I think your little accident just enhanced an existing condition of dirty switches, which is very common.
You should probably clear access to the F2569 input terminal PCB and use contact cleaner on the insides of the output voltage & input load slide switches plus the input selector.
Exercise the switches a lot after that. Also note that when you're using just one turntable, you should cover the other vacant phono inputs with the shorting plugs. Otherwise you're likely
to get interference.

Back
Top Bottom