Damn You AudioKarma.......! ! !

Well I set up an alternate system in another room, one with a nice rug, some thick curtains with a high ceiling that is pointed. I know that isn't the right wording for it. But .....anyhow, I do find that the sound seems to be much better. I am taking out records to play out there as I seem to think it sounds more "authentic" so another lesson learned and much more to be learned. Thanks to every one who gave their input. It is much appreciated.

For the best room treatment you should get a throw rug, hand woven from yak hair. It has the best reverb dampening properties. I have several myself. If you need to control echo bounce on the walls, the best sound panels are made from the belly button lint of Tibetan monks, turned at 11.3 degree incline towards the east.

Oh, and your system sucks.

For the best room treatment you should get a throw rug, hand woven from yak hair. It has the best reverb dampening properties. I have several myself. If you need to control echo bounce on the walls, the best sound panels are made from the belly button lint of Tibetan monks, turned at 11.3 degree incline towards the east.

Looks like I gotta go shopping again!

Do you have a source for that TMBBL for the sound panels?

Now that is funny.

Belly Lint ... really? I think I might have some already but I'm gonna have to fight my GF for it. She's got an idea for some really cool something or other where she throws it in the dryer and shrinks it down and makes some sort of felt.
Belly lint felt (trademark).
I'm fairly certain that she will be blending the belly lint with disguarded dog hair from the spring shed she's been hoarding! Maybe in about 30 lifetimes she will have enough to actually make something with it. :thmbsp:

I'm going with the sound deadening BLF (trademark) pannels myself. Dimensions should be around 2mm squared.

Cheers,
Bob

Just flipping through the forum. I just happen to find this topic, Listening Spaces.

Now all of a sudden my listening room isn't good enough....Now all I can think about is how to dampen my room, should I I buy thick curtains...??

I will admit I never gave it much thought...but now it makes sense. Being an obsessive compulsive kind of person. I have to wonder what is the best solution for me.

Please take a look at my system in this thread and maybe give me some pointers....Thanks http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=387745

>>>-----Zen----->

I actually like your room its pretty cool however...and trust me on this one a nice persian rug on your floor WILL look incredible I will upload a pic of my room for you to see ok mate.

Here tis...

DSC00817.jpg

like? :D

I guess I should become a subscriber ....so many perks.

Yeah, there's a barter section where you get to try out other people's wives and girlfriends. It's pretty dope.

Your room is far from the worst anybody has seen in 38 years. Unless they have trouble seeing into rooms from that high up on a horse. Put a rug down. Maybe get some curtains. Sit between your speakers and get the tweeters to ear-height. The rest is moving into audiophile OCD territory. It can certainly help, sometimes a lot, but take it one step at a time.

Somewhat ironically, my ex wife owns that carpet. I wasn't sad to leave that behind.

Oh, and your system sucks as well.

show me yours.....:D

I would, but I don't have photos. Trust me, it was custom made of only rare earth elements, the tubes were handblown by beautiful vestal virgins, the filaments of each made from their pubic hair. It sounds amazing.

I would, but I don't have photos. Trust me, it was custom made of only rare earth elements, the tubes were handblown by beautiful vestal virgins, the filaments of each made from their pubic hair. It sounds amazing.

I'll take your word for it :no: :D

Back
Top Bottom