Dang I love garbage picken !

grumpy

Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma
Staff member
Admin
Sponsor
Subscriber
Been fairly slim Pickens for me lately. On my way home today I laid on the breaks since I spotted what I thought was a pinball machine out at the curb. I go back and its a 1973 Williams Swinger PB machine. Its missing the glass on the score board but I aint complaining :D Next up my wife calls and says meet her at the door. She plops down two boxes of Video disc. All kinds of cool titles from starwars to 007 flicks. Sure non of its audio gear but it will hopefully help finance a new piece. Not a bad day ;)

Grumpy

Hey Grump,

I'd like to come to a deal with you on those laserdiscs if possible!
What kind of shape are they in? How many? Shoot me a PM.

Disc

Rob

There are about 40 or so of the dics. Hard to tell what shape they are in. They have some kind of cassette that releases them ones inserted into the machine. I dont have anything to play them in. The titles are mostly action stuff like The terminator and mad max but there are other like seven year itch and the 10 comandments.

Grumpy

oops

Meant to send this as a PM:confused:

?????

Don't sound like any laserdiscs I know of. The ones I use look like a 12" diameter (LP sized) silver CD or CD rom disc with a large center hole the size of a 45 RPM record. They come in a cardboard paper cover just like a vinyl LP.

Rob,
Grumpy is talking about the RCA video discs not laser discs.
The RCA's were played with a stylus like a record.

Rob

These say Video Disc not laser Disc. Here is a couple pictures of what they look like.

Grumpy

I've got a CED (Capacitance Electronic Disc) of "Blame It On Rio" that looks just like Grumpy's once you get it open. I don't have a player, but I guess it slides in somehow.

It also is labelled "side 1" and "side 2" so I guess you have to flip these?

Nice hottie flick though!

Damn Grumpy!

Blazing Saddles! James Bond! Either the owner is dead or PO'd someone to the max!

Why would anyone sell those classics!!

Grump,

Put 'em on ebay. I've seen the occasional player for those listed.

I thought that was a pretty bone headed invention myself, playing a MHz bandwidth record with a needle, but as a museum piece it has to be as good as the next thing I guess. :dunno:

Thanx Andyman for identifying this.

Andy

The owner pitched em in the garbage. My wife even asked the guy as he brought em out to the trash if she could have em. :)

Re: ?????

Originally posted by Rob
Don't sound like any laserdiscs I know of. The ones I use look like a 12" diameter (LP sized) silver CD or CD rom disc with a large center hole the size of a 45 RPM record. They come in a cardboard paper cover just like a vinyl LP.

Rob,you must of heard of The Ten Commandments? Guy named Moses,

Alan:lmao:

Ced players

I have an rca ced videodisc player. It doesn't work right now. I put the disc in, and it runs, but will not read. A few years ago, i was watching "on the beach", when it suddenly started skipping, and then went blank. I have not messed with it since.

I agree that those were not the best idea ever to come down the pike. But, there some movies on Ced, that are still not on tape, or dvd--(yet)

As for garbage pickin', my best find so far was the Mcintosh mr-71 I found last year. I cleaned a couple of tube sockets, put it on e-bay, and last year, in july, it sold to some guy in france, for $600.00!!

Originally posted by grumpy
Andy

The owner pitched em in the garbage. My wife even asked the guy as he brought em out to the trash if she could have em. :)

Grump,

You should send her back to the same place to ask nicely for the player. ;)

Re: Re: ?????

Originally posted by opt80
Rob,you must of heard of The Ten Commandments? Guy named Moses,

Alan:lmao:

Oh yeah, that guy. Thou shalt not let anyone else have a vintage television collection better than thine own. Destroy all these duplicate prewar TV's in thine collection lest others obtain them.

When I was a kid these were the first thing we could rent, I remember my mom renting a player and Rambo-First Blood and The road warrior for us, they were the first movies I ever seen outside of a movie theater ;)

Hey now we can call ya Dumpster Grumpster!!:D It's got a nice ring to it. Congrats on the score buddy.

Mike

It is the most noble form of "Recycling" and is a badge of honor representing uncommon sense that I also wear proudly. :)

Welcome to the "Recycling Guild" Grumpy and Mrs. Grumpy! :D

Back
Top Bottom