Dang Key Broke

Beatnik

What's this ?
This just happened, that's all I need a 100 dollar key. Found this picture online showing the chip location and got out the drill. Thank you Google.

D3aLr.jpg

20171208_064827.jpg

Yep. It works ! Maybe I can get a few more miles out of it. Truck ( 06 Ranger) and key are at 320k (motor has 25k).

Last edited:
I wanted to get another key made for our Escape, since we only got one with it. It has the same key with the stupid chip in it. Gotta love modern vehicles and all the unnecessary horse shit that has been added to them.:rolleyes: I'm not going to pay $60+ dollars for a key for a beater that's going to be in the junkyard sooner than later. After a google search, I know that it's possible to take the chip out of the original key and attach it to transponder ring around the lock cylinder and have as many regular $3 keys as I want made. I haven't done it yet, because with my luck I'll ruin the chip taking it out and then end up with NO working key.o_O

Why take the chip out? Can you cut off the metal part of the key and poster-tape the head to the steering column near the transponder?

When I bought my Tucson last year the dealer made sure to tell me" be sure and take care of the spare, if you have to buy another one it'll be $270."

Took all the excitement out of buying new car.
...r1

Why take the chip out? Can you cut off the metal part of the key and poster-tape the head to the steering column near the transponder?
I suppose I could do that. I just figured it would be a lot easier to hide the chip inside the column out of sight.

Back
Top Bottom