Dang! Spotify is dropping Squeezebox support

Phil said:

Idatlof responded:

Remember-I am digital dummy!! At my level of knowledge, that doesn't answer my questions!
Can I put this off to a later date, continuing to use Spotify on iPhone and iMac without problem AND not losing my playlists, implementing Spotty v1.1.0 later?, restoring SB Spotify function?
And the reason to do it later: I need to get real clear about what and how to delete, install, the plugins stuff-a lot of crap for a beginner!
thanks for any coaching you can give.
I am not an expert on Apple products but I really don't see how Logitech shutting down Spotify on SBs would somehow erase the playlists on your iPhone or iMac.

In LMS click settings and then the plug in tab to bring up this page

Capture.7.12.2017.PNG

uncheck all the official spotify plugins then hit apply. Restart LMS. Go to plugin page again check Spotty. Hit Apply. Restart LMS.

Thanks so much!
I figured no matter what happened to SB, I could still find my stuff on my apples. That's a relief, so I can redo this after Spotify goes down on SB.
Thanks.:)

Ok, so it finally happened I guess. The Spotify app disappeared from "my apps" on the Sqeezebox.

Before I purchase another streaming device, I think I'll try the Spotty and see how well it works. Only thing is that I'm not at all familiar with LMS nor have I ever seen the setup site. The discussion threads I've read here and over at the slimdevice forum, I can not understand fully.

I'm using the Squeezebox connected to a dac and to the stereo. Also using the squeezebox remote app on my iphone which I think is really great. I'm guessing I'll be able to use it with spotty?

Can someone post a step by step on where to go and how to download plugins and all? It will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Ok, so it finally happened I guess. The Spotify app disappeared from "my apps" on the Sqeezebox.

Before I purchase another streaming device, I think I'll try the Spotty and see how well it works. Only thing is that I'm not at all familiar with LMS nor have I ever seen the setup site. The discussion threads I've read here and over at the slimdevice forum, I can not understand fully.

I'm using the Squeezebox connected to a dac and to the stereo. Also using the squeezebox remote app on my iphone which I think is really great. I'm guessing I'll be able to use it with spotty?

Can someone post a step by step on where to go and how to download plugins and all? It will be greatly appreciated.

I am in the same leaky boat! Someone please hold my hand and walk me through this! The programmer guy posted I need to know where my ?whatever? is, LMS on computer or cloud? Sheesh!

Thanks, idatlof for pointing us to the right direction.

So, I guess I've been using squeezebox without its media server installed in my laptop since I strictly used it through the dac and then to the stereo just passing Spotify contents.

So I did go ahead and installed the latest LMS from here: http://www.mysqueezebox.com/download

This is very confusing to a newer user. So the LMS opens up as a "control panel", then you'd have to click on "advanced" tab and then "advanced setting" to open the LMS screen shot in the #22 post.

After a short struggle, I did find the "show all 3rd party plugin" box. Then it showed the "Spotty". Installed it, during the installation, it detected that my laptop needs a few runtime files installed. I did so by clicking the link which took me to windows download.

Went into the Spotty settings, and then had to login to my Spotify account. All looks good, and the "Spotty" shows up in the LMS's "my apps" section.

The problem is that the LMS does not detect my squeezebox touch which is turned on and connected via wifi.
mysqueezebox.com does recognize the device though.

Where do I go from here?

Thanks again.

So the question now is: how do I connect my squeezebox touch to the LMS?
It's connected to the mysqueezebox.com but LMS does not recognize the device.

I am in a hotel room in Peoria, AZ. I will install LMS on to my laptop and go from there and get back to you.

I was not able to get LMS to see my new SB (an Android phone) in the hotel room. Probably because I was using the hotel's WI-FI. When I got home, LMS found the phone SB no problem.

Did you open (port forward) the following ports: 3483 (both TCP and UDP; this is the auto-discovery port) and 9090.

I was not able to get LMS to see my new SB (an Android phone) in the hotel room. Probably because I was using the hotel's WI-FI. When I got home, LMS found the phone SB no problem.

Did you open (port forward) the following ports: 3483 (both TCP and UDP; this is the auto-discovery port) and 9090.
Just got back from a trip. Let me go home and see if I did. Thanks!

Well I tried my damndest to try to get "Spotty" to work on a Windows 10 box but no joy. I get consistent 'Visual C++ Runtime" errors no matter what I try. :mad: Would've been nice if it worked but I guess it's bye, bye Spotify. :(

Anyone know if Pandora Premium is supported on LMS?

Last edited:
Well I tried my damndest to try to get "Spotty" to work on a Windows 10 box but no joy. I get consistent 'Visual C++ Runtime" errors no matter what I try. :mad: Would've been nice if it worked but I guess it's bye, bye Spotify. :(

One last thing to try, you need MS VC 2015 runtime, 32-bit to run Spotty on a Windows Machine.

One last thing to try, you need MS VC 2015 runtime, 32-bit to run Spotty on a Windows Machine.

Yeah, I tried that but no luck. It seems that LMS needs VC 2010 and won't run on VC 2015 alone so I have both installed. Maybe there's a conflict somewhere?

Weird. Works fine on my Windows 10 machine through LMS.

Yeah, I tried that but no luck. It seems that LMS needs VC 2010 and won't run on VC 2015 alone so I have both installed. Maybe there's a conflict somewhere?
That sucks. I noticed a lot of peeps on this thread http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107615-Announce-Spotty-v1-1-0 are using a Raspberry Pi to run LMS mostly because they where running LMS on a NAS that has an ARMEL chip that is not supported. Power PC chips are not supported either.

A guy on the above thread explains how he got Spotty to run on his Windows 10 machine. Here is the link http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107615-Announce-Spotty-v1-1-0/page90

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks for the links. I tried all of those Win 10 procedures with the exception of the "deep clean". I've now cancelled my Spotify subscription and let them know why.

I'm going to give Pandora Premium a shot.

Edit: Hmmm, my quick initial research seems to indicate that Pandora Premium is not supported on LMS either. :(

Last edited:
A small segway, but I got a email from Spotify stating that my Pioneer VSX-44 will no longer be supported. About 3 some years old AVR.

I will get another CCA and plug it in to the Pioneer thru the optical in and keep on listening. So Spotify is dropping a lot of different stuff it would seem.

Eric

Back
Top Bottom