Daniel Ricciardo to leave Red Bull

FrostEOne

Daniel Ricciardo to leave Red Bull to join Renault at end of Formula One season

I didn't see this one coming!

I thought there was a slight possibility that he would go to Ferrari and was surprised with the move to Renault. But, with RB switching to Honda, maybe he didn't want to have to deal with what that entails.

Wonder what's going to happen to Kimi.

Murray

I'm thinking Kimi will find a ride, will Carlos Sainz go to Red Bull? I don't know

Definitely could be many changes in the ranks now.

What do you think of Kimi going to Hass, replacing Grosjeans
I think he'd be a great choice for Haas

Maybe Kimi goes to McClaren because I think Alonso has had enough and is headed to..............

Indy Car! He wants to complete the slam now that he got LeMans.

Kimi's 38 and that's like pretty old for F1. But, he did catch up with Vettel towards the end of the Hungaroring race and it looked like he could have passed him if he had been allowed to. He's third in points, only 43 behind Vettel.

Some talk about him being replaced by Leclerc but I don't see Kimi going to a mid-level team.

Don't know about Alonso. I doubt that McLaren is going to get any better any time soon and I'm sure Alonso knows that but. same as Kimi, I doubt he'll go to a mid level team. Just retire and get ready for the 500. Lemans too.

Murray

Yes, I would think Alonso is pursuing a Indy 500 ride for sure. We'll have to wait and see what Kimi does.

Ricciardo is a favorite driver. He has won in sub-par cars which makes me think he would be a world champion in a Mercedes. Renault is a bottom third team that even a driver of Ricciardo's talent cannot overcome.

On a related side note, F1 is incredibly boring. I wish they would allow complete cars (chassis and drivetrain with all in season updates included) to be sold so that other teams have a chance to compete with the top teams. Better yet, bring back the 2004 cars.

Back
Top Bottom