Daredevil the movie

THOR

Fearless Prophet
Saw it this weekend. I was a huge fan of the comics, especially when Frank Miller was writing them. So like other comic books I have loved Batman, Spiderman, Blade, Spawn, X- men that have been made into movies I worry that they are gonna do a real bad movie and ruin the franchise forever. Horrible movies like The Punisher, Batman and Robin, Superman 3 & 4. So I am usually just relieved if the movie didn't suck (X-men) even if overall I was disapointed in it. I mean I have waited for so long, since I was a little kid, to see my heroes on the big screen.

Well in seeing the previews for Daredevil I was a little concerned since it was looking like there might be problems.

I am happy to report that despite a few problems, not exploring the Kingpin and Electra enough, Bulleyes lack of costume, final battles not being as satisfying as they could have been. Overall Daredevil is a very good movie and it really did a good job of tranferring the look and feel of the comics to the big screen.

With "The Hulk" and "X-men 2" both of whoms previews look stellar on the horizon I look forward to them cleaning up at the box office and being able to see more of my heroes on screen like, Ironman, Sgt. Rock, The Avengers and some that have been made into bad movies like The Fantastic Four, Captain America and please, please remake The Punisher, I mean anyone remember that horrible spidey movie from the 80's? Well they remade him? Please remake The Punisher!

Thor

As a long time Comic book collector I always look forward to the new movies. Man i am geeked to see the Hulk. Damn I remember when he didnt even have his own book as well as Spidey. Can ya believe I sold all my Fantastic Fours ? I had issues going down to number 4 :( My fav of all time is SGT fury. reading about him and the howling commandos kicking the crap outta the nazis was the best ! You would prolly have shit a brick if you seen the stuff I had. I used to love the golden age stuff like the Torch and Capt America. Hell I had original Batman issues going back to the # 20's

Grumpy

Thanks for the input Thor. Now I will go see the movie.

Like you and Grumpy, I have been a long time fan of comics, especially the early Marvel comics. When I think of the comic books I read and threw away as a kid, then see their values today, it makes me ill.

I do believe I could finance my audio hobby with those things. Could even afford Grump's big Kenwood.

Pro

Do you have any idea of how much some comics are worth ??? some of the ones I sold would pay for yours and mine systems many times over. I sold one like this back in the mid 1980's even back then it was not worth a tiny fraction of this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2159702613&category=32730

I have held this one in my hands and turned it down for a couple of hundred dollars

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2159916809&category=32739

Geeks ??? Yeah but atleast they are well to do geeks
:p:

Yeah I know some of them are highly valuable and collectible but then again some people will fork over 25K for a fishing lure for God's sake. I guess I never got into comic books as a child either.

Mike

I used to buy and collect them until they started costing like $2.00 a comic. I actually sold my whole collection for .10 a piece, like baseball cards what the books tell you the value is and what you can sell them for are two different things. I wish they had ebay back then I coulda made some cash, but I just sold mine in one whole shot to a used book store for a dime a piece, all bagged with backboards and boxed in the comic storage boxes. I never really bought them cuz they were worth anything I loved reading them, I loved the artwork. Finally they just became too expensive to buy anymore and I didn't have the room to really store them anymore so I just sucked it up and got rid of them.

Grumpy have you see the previews for the Hulk, man it is gonna be one sweet movie and the new X-men looks like its gonna be 100 times better than the first one. Heres some links:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/the_hulk/superbowl/expanded/

When you see Daredevil you see the newest Xmen trailer and it looks so cool, colossus and nightcrawler are shown more but here is the latest one you can see on the net

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/x2/

Thor

Thanks for the links to the trailers. I had not seen those yet. Both look to be pretty cool movies. Not so sure I like the looks of the hulk in that that flick. I always like the looks of the early KIRBY/DITKO hulk. He was much eviler looking :D i never really got into the Xmen but there were a few i really dug like Juggernaut.:)

You mean the smaller, squarer more frankenstein looking Hulk more of a gray green?

That Hulk is a really early preview tho they have months to work on the CGI effects so I think it looks really good. I like the fact that they went CGI for the Hulk and not another big muscular guy painted green.

With the addition of colossus in this next Xmen movie, there is only a glimpse of him in the preview you see with daredevil, and since Juggernaut was a Hulk-type character and if the Hulk does well I think there is a really good chance Juggernaut will be in the 3rd Xmen movie, also isn't Juggernaut Magneto's brother Cain? Lemme see:

http://24.191.192.76:8000/juggernaut.html

Ahhhh he is Prof. X's step brother.

Hmmmm I will have to watch it again and listen to the music I didn't notice it cuz I was trying to see the hulk so much. I will say I like the daredevil music too it is a good soudtrack. lemme go watch the hulk again and I'll let ya know.

Was that what you meant? Cuz I did like the slow stuff too. I like a lot of classical stuff, of course they are mostly songs from movies but hey who am I to split hairs?

Thor

I like the Gray/green Hulk better. Its just what I grew up reading.
Juggernaut is cool as hell. I love characters like his. Reminds me alot of the Hulk. Something about Characters who loose their tempers and go off with a blind fury that I dig :eek: :D

Grumpy

Wooooopppssss!!!!!! It was the X-Men trailer that was all Holst. Sorry bout that.
So Thor, what did you think about the music in the X-2 trailer?

You dumbass! Now which Xmen trailer you meaning :confused: Think I got nothing better to do all damm day then watch movie trailers? ...........Wait! Don't answer that!

Back
Top Bottom