Dave Culver - internet scam back at it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmchris01

Looks like the old Internet Scammer Dave Culver is back at it again! Claiming to have rare, high demand, vintage gear available for great prices. Usually Pioneer SX1250 or Maratnz 2270 receiver for $200 or $300. I’m keeping my eyes open for his postings on Craigslist, and reporting all that I see.

He has a legitimate PayPal account: DRC7730@Gmail.com DRCulver7730@gmail.com Formula3301@gmail.com. He uses PayPal and Zelle.

He is very convincing, older guy, perhaps in his 50s. Spends a lot of time talking about vintage equipment, provides legitimate PayPal accounts, asked to send money as family & friends, or through Zelle. He is always willing to drop the receiver off at FedEx. He also recommends using U-Haul boxes for packaging. He goes on and on about stereo equipment.

Usually claims that the equipment was his fathers from 30-years ago. He texts quite frequently, and will call you and take your calls.

Bottom Line: Total Scam! If you send money, he disappears. Never to be head from. Police and FBI are aware of his scam. BEWARE

Hard to believe people will actually send hundreds of dollars to this guy without seeing what he's supposedly selling first.

What gets me is how LEO and PayPal have not put this piece of _-_- in prison for wire fraud and or racketeering.

A huge shame on you, PayPal, for not doing a damn thing about getting this scammer off the streets.

I'm all for exposing the bad guys.
Just wondered if it was a "new" bad guy to beware of.

Hard to believe people will actually send hundreds of dollars to this guy without seeing what he's supposedly selling first.

If you have seen one of his Craigslist ad, it has everything correct, nice pictures showing the condition, a little history (his father's, etc.), and a phone number. That pretty much covers it if a legit listing....

Yes, depending on what we comment in here, this thread will soon be closed as well....
Why? It seems like more sites would support allowing forums and/or blogs that contribute to creating greater social awareness of fraudulent and harmful acts, and that encourage good deeds... as long as we don't advocate for a lynch-mob mentality.

I don't know guys, I searched AK for "scammer Dave" and found 4 threads on the first page about Dave that were not closed. Not that I don't believe you but there are plenty of threads about this scam that weren't closed. :dunno:

I don't know guys, I searched AK for "scammer Dave" and found 4 threads on the first page about Dave that were not closed. Not that I don't believe you but there are plenty of threads about this scam that weren't closed. :dunno:
That's on me. I did not see the other threads, I only came across the one that was closed for further comment.

Don't worry about it, it's not really a big deal, and I only searched because I was curious what would cause such a thread to be closed in the first place.

It seems to have been well established that this is a scam, so as long as we confine ourselves to notifying AKers of that fact, I don't see any reason the thread would be closed.

Carry on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom