Dayton Audio Epique CBT24

Hi All,

Looks like Dayton Audio has now started shipping the second of Don Keele's kit line arrays (apparently also available assembled), the Epique CBT24 (http://www.daytonaudio.com/index.php/epique). I'd really, really love to have a pair but was wondering whether

a) anybody ever actually heard one
b) had a go at assembling such a kit

I am thoroughly tempted, as the price seems competitive and my living room would probably benefit from a line array instead of standard floorstanders. The only thing that keeps me from ordering them is that nobody (yet) actually seems to have a pair.

Would be interested in opinions.
Haven't been on this board for a while. I have these speakers and the miniDSP. I am pretty much delighted with the results. Great imaging, detail, dynamic range. Yes, the miniDSP and subwoofer are necessary (in my opinion), but Don Keele is very helpful. In fact, he provides (either directly or through Parts Direct) the miniDSP settings. I find these speakers slightly less intimate than the Maggie's they replaced, but they handle orchestral/large ensemble music in ways I find remarkable. Small ensemble music, too.

Haven't been on this board for a while. I have these speakers and the miniDSP. I am pretty much delighted with the results. Great imaging, detail, dynamic range. Yes, the miniDSP and subwoofer are necessary (in my opinion), but Don Keele is very helpful. In fact, he provides (either directly or through Parts Direct) the miniDSP settings. I find these speakers slightly less intimate than the Maggie's they replaced, but they handle orchestral/large ensemble music in ways I find remarkable. Small ensemble music, too.

Thanks so much for this.

Just had a discussion with the Dayton Audio EU importers who unfortunately are quoting a cool 2500 Euros for these, so it's unlikely that I will get them anytime soon...

Bummer.

Bumpybump.

Dayton's EU importer has now reduced the price for a pair of the CBT-24s to 1700 Euros, preassembled. Has anyboday else pulled the trigger?

Back
Top Bottom