DBX 20/20 Equalizer Microphone

dbx 20/20 Equalizer Schematics

I found schematic drawings for the dbx 20/20 Equalizer. An ebay seller was selling a partially working 20/20 and I noticed his description said the sale included a copy of the schematics. I contacted the seller about getting a copy of the schematics and he generously sent me a copy. There were fourteen 11 x 17 pages. A few of them have some parts that aren't legible but it looks like there is enough there to be useful (especially when previously there was nothing).

I have been searching for technical data on the 20/20 for a long time. I even contacted a couple of service centers that had supposedly worked on these units in the past. Both told me the same thing: no service manual was available and they didn't really want to work on them. Now these schematics appear. I guess dbx never published an actual service manual and expected buyers would send the units back to dbx? Now of course the new dbx company doesn't support the vintage products.

I have scanned the fourteen 11 x 17 pages into a PDF file and have it available to upload it here for anyone else that has a dbx 20/20 they are trying to fix. The PDF file size is 5,165KB (5MB) so it is quite a bit over the maximum PDF file size allowed here. Any suggestions?
Could you please send me a copy of the dbx 20/20 schematics ? Thank you !

Update on the DBX 20/20 microphone

Here is an update to the DBX 20/20 microphone problem I was having. Per the posting by a_retent, I found a mint AudioControl C-101 EQ with the microphone. It works great with the DBX 20/20 EQ so thanks a lot for that information.
Where did you get that microphone I would really like to have one so I can use it on my 10/20 or maybe I could purchase it from you?

If someone were to suggest to me that "most" of the test mics of that era were made by the same manufacturer and most were nearly identical, i could feel fairly safe at taking them at their word. :yes:
Would you be willing to sell that microphone?

Thank you for your help . When I downloaded I only had 7 pages, sonavor said there were 14 pages ,do you know how to access the rest ?
I got all of these schematics directly from the man who made the schematics for dbx and there were only 7 pages but then again they are double sized so you may have half of them

I got all of these schematics directly from the man who made the schematics for dbx and there were only 7 pages but then again they are double sized so you may have half of them
I uploaded all of them to Hi-Fi engine where all of them are resized so you may be able to get all of them on there

I uploaded all of them to Hi-Fi engine where all of them are resized so you may be able to get all of them on there
I tried download again , I have 7 pages, in your reply you indicated "double sized"or were they double sided originally ? Thanks again for clarification.

Audiocontrol still sells the microphone for the C-101. They have a few left over from 20 years ago. I just bought one about 10 minutes ago. Phone#: 425-775-8461. They are $32 plus shipping and tax (if applicable). I can't say personally if it works or not, as I don't have mine yet - but according to a previous post it does.

Old post but wanted to comment on the microphone - I picked up a 20/20 in excellent shape - recapped the main board (lots of the 3.3uf were bad) - working great. BUT NO MIC - wanted to play with the auto cal feature.
Lots of calibration mic but most require phantom power of +15 to +45 Volts - I took a measurement of what the 20/20 put out on the mic jack - only 5 volts. So an additional phantom power supply was needed. Got a Behringer ECM8000 - looks/specs identical to several others (including the DBX ) Sweetwater had them on sale for $29 - Ran a few cals and it is working - will need to experiment a bit but did notice placement made a major difference in some locations. Only issue is the gain appears to be lower than expected - still works however.

Would like to hear if others came up with other solutions.

Back
Top Bottom