DBX Soundfield Ten

audiolama

Just picked these up from a gentleman that didn't like the sound because it was to harsh. When I auditioned them he had them on a yaquin tube amp. He was right , they were to harsh. I had read somewhere that they needed power and I had a amp at home that would serve them justice. So itook them home.
One thing I'm missing from this speaker, no not the controller, is the main tweeter that faces the other one..Can you guys help me find this.

Looks like the original owner replaced it with an audux , but it's not a direct fit and leaves an opening like a port ..not sure if this is what he wanted to do ..or maybe he just removed the faceplate..either way it looks stupid, but not sure if it effects the sound.so I need the bottom tweeter.
Screenshot_20180504-105312.png

For reference: DBX Soundfield Ten (SF10)

1369965-dbx-soundfield-10-sf10-one-owner-and-boxes-includes-sfc10-controller.jpg

The twerter I'm looking for looks like the above tweeter. Want I have now is a audux but it doesn't fit snug..there are openings all around it.

The speaker sounds damn good..if you are into imaging, droo down what you are doing and find these speakers ...but make sure they have the controller, if not they sound like trash...but they are uncanny in what they can repriduce...walk anywhere in the room, fo to the kitchen , go sit in the corner, go lay on the floor, and you will have the band following you.

Hi, I got one SF-10 speaker system for repair. Someone replaced the special tweeters on both speaker boxes.I have a feeling that wires where mixed up. I did a recap, replaced terminal blocks with high quality ones. More sound is coming out from the side with the arrows. Is that right? The other side is quieter. Anyone has wiring diagram or some notes on how is this speaker properly wired?
Thanks

Yes, the Soundfield design has the main opposing tweeters (the ones with the arrows) louder than the others.

Not only the tweeters, but the woofer and the mid is lauder in the side with the arrows, the outside is much quieter.
Thanks

I am the original owner of my Soundfield 10 speakers - bought them from Commercial Electronics in Vancouver around 1985/86. I bought them with Denon receiver and cd player as my record collection was destroyed in a flood. I was a sucker for the claims of the CD 'perfect music forever' claim and soon lost interest in music so the speakers were unused for many years. I became interested in music again via computer audiophile website and took my speakers in for refurbishing (re-foamed) and my system is now UltraRendu(Roon+Tidal) + Uptone Audio LPS 1.2 -> Schiit Audio Modi 3 dac -> Modwright Insturments SWL 9.0SE -> Osyssey Khartago -> Soundfield Ten controller...They sound really good now.

Back
Top Bottom