DCM CX Center Speaker

Wolverine

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I was able to pick up a DCM CX Center channel speaker for $10 so I thought what the heck since I have come to enjoy DCM TF floor speakers. Initial impressions of this are it sounds pretty good. Not tall but unusual deep for a center channel.

There is no model # just CX. Obviously being a center channel it can't be too old but just wondering if anyone had any specs on it. Appreciate anything you all can turn up.

I have a DCM - KX Center Series 2 that i've had for about 8 years. It really does a good job for being relatively inexpensive... I dont remember exactly but I think I paid $200 new? I know it's not the same model and I'll try to find your specs but the KX2 is: (copied from the manual)

2 - 6" drivers with rubber surrounds
1 - 3/4" horn loaded neodymium tweeter
2.83V @ 1m: 95db
5 to 125 watts
8 ohm
50Hz-20,000Hz
7.5"H x 23"W x 7.5"D

It doesnt list a weight but it's about 15 lbs. Let me look around for you model and I'll see what I can find.

There were two marketed as a center channel from the DCM line, as I've seen 'em both with my own eyes.

One was a "tru" center, with two woofers and one mid, and the other was, honestly, a re-labeled CX-07. The CX-07 badge was replaced with a less-descriptive label.

The CX-07 is shielded, along with the CX-17 and CX-27.

I had some CX-27s, and sold them. miss them terribly. They could be a bit boomy, but went down solid to 35Hz, imaged great, and were perfect to use for a humble HT setup with no need for a subwoofer, unless you wanted bass below 35Hz.

I just picked up a cx center channel from "theBay". I was hoping that it was the "be all end all" for my DCM Home theater setup. Tf1000's in front, Timewindow 1a's in the rear. Of course I didn't check the dimensions or weight. It is signifigantly smaller and lighter than my KX center. It does have the 2 mid's and a tweeter, but to my surprise, it had spring clips rather than binding posts, unlike my KX. I guess my next step will be to give the CX 17 a whirl as a center. So, to put in my 2cents, I would reccomend the KX over the CX as for the CX 17, I'll report back whenever I can get my hands on one of those.

I used to sell these back in the day. The CX17 makes an excellent center for Timeframes or TimeWindows. The CX 07 is a good runner up.

The KX center is meant to go with the KX series the KX 12 etc. The tweeter is radically different than the TF and TW.

I wish I'd never sold my TF600s:sigh:

DCM KX Center series 2 help with 7.1 set up

Hello, I was in the process of hooking up my Onkyo HT-SR550 for multichannel PCM from my Samsung HD DVD/Blu Ray player. My question is when I was going to hook up the center channel, it has 2 wires like on front speakers, one red and white. On the receiver, there is only one input for the center channel. This may be a dumb question but since there is a red and white on the center channel, Is this stereo? How would I get around this?

If this helps, here is the biggest picture I could find. The center channel input is color coded green. I asked someone from radio shack and they didn't know. :sigh:

http://news.cnet.com/i/bto/20080723/hts6100_rcvr_rear_300_540x177.jpg

Hello, I was in the process of hooking up my Onkyo HT-SR550 for multichannel PCM from my Samsung HD DVD/Blu Ray player. My question is when I was going to hook up the center channel, it has 2 wires like on front speakers, one red and white. On the receiver, there is only one input for the center channel. This may be a dumb question but since there is a red and white on the center channel, Is this stereo? How would I get around this?

If this helps, here is the biggest picture I could find. The center channel input is color coded green. I asked someone from radio shack and they didn't know. :sigh:

http://news.cnet.com/i/bto/20080723/hts6100_rcvr_rear_300_540x177.jpg

The connection for your center channel speaker wires is on the far right near the power cord. The single input I think you are talking about is for the RCA cable that you would use to connect the center channel from to a 5.1 sound processor or a DVD player with a 5.1 decoder to the receiver so it will play in surround mode.

Back
Top Bottom