DCM TIME WINDOWS 1A CROSSOVER RECAP. HELP NEEDED

You will not likely outlive the new electrolytics. Since they are in a parallel, you only need to find one cap that equals the sum of the two originals. That should be easy. Also, the new one will likely be smaller.

No can do.... I just finished recapping 1 of 2 speakers. The two 47 uF are in parallel, however on one side, each lead goes to a different terminal. On the opposite side, two leads are " tied together " and end up at the same terminal. Real PITA to put the end caps back together.

I handed the crossovers over to Brandywine Electronics and paid them to replace the capacitors with good results. The speakers sound great and a noticeable improvement particularly in the imaging department.

Sorry to raise this thread from the dead, but how did your recap go? Hope you didn't run into trouble! :/

Recap went fine from what I recall.
Had issues with putting back one of the endcaps.
Wasn't fun but doable even for a noob like me.

Reads like you can screw up a crossover. Hope not. But I'm with you, I can probably screw one up, too. Haven't so far well not one that I didn't fix. A jumper on the underside of a DQ-10 crossover moved over one spot. Found it and put it back where it belonged.
Ive done that! 1 wrong tap position on my Heresy 1's and I nuked a very nice Vintage Svetlana winged "C" KT88 in my Prima Luna. Bad day. Good thing it was fused and self biasing, the repairs to the amp were minimal, and after exami ing my Photographic "record" of my ? Drunken? Repairs i found it was 1 wire 1 position off on the terminal strip. Dumb ass mistake that i wont make 2x! I have to say though i have had two pairs of DCM Time Windows #1 and man! They are most enjoyable. Almost indestructable and dont sound like shit. I am forever a fan. I made my last crossover's look so good, i wish i had encased them in Plexi and mounted them on the back!
Yes. I know this thread is anchient. Since nobody replies to my pleas for help w/my other projects, here i sit. Commenting where i expect no reply. As usual.

Last edited:
i have had two pairs of DCM Time Windows #1 and man! They are most enjoyable
They sell for way less than their sound quality. I’ve gotten at least three folks into TWs. All very happy. So cheap and better than almost all monkey coffins

Back
Top Bottom