De-Oxit D5

Glassman

My queries never warrant a response from the people at audioasylum :wtf: (never been good with cliques :puke: ) but I had a question regarding De-Oxit. I have read here on audiokarma as well as on audioasylum about cleaning contacts and pots with De-Oxit and following up with a lubricating substance. However, the Caig website states D5 cleans and lubricates. Is it necessary to buy an additional lubricant after using the D5? Thanks. This is a great forum!!!

:yippy:

Jay

When i use Deoxit I rely on the lubricants in it and add no additional lubricants. However others here on AK have had good luck following up with Progold. I think you can go either way myself. hope this helps.

Grumpy

I'm thinking that it has a pretty decent lube in it, because when you spray it, it's red (not clear as most tuner cleaners are), and it seems to leave a very light film on what you're spraying it on.

DITTO Grumpy, ...... that's how I do it.

I go with a very light final shot of the ProGold.

Excellent results..... have done litterly hundreds of pots/switches with the Craig stuff. Never had a problem at all.

I get the DeOxit 5, .... 6 cans at a time !

Craig DeOxit 5 (the red stuff) is actually a mild cleaner, but mostly lubricant. About $7.50 a can

THe ProGold is a very nice lubricant.... expensive....but works super.
I can tell the difference in smoothness, after using the ProGold (after the clean and lube with DeOxit5)

Ok, now for those of us that have never opened up the back of a receiver before - where do you shoot the D5? Is there a thread that takes you step by step through the cleaning process?
Larry

Back
Top Bottom