Dead 2275?

In your photo the red probe is not plugged into the meter.

It looks like there is a different set of leads plugged into the AC out on the rear panel. What is the watt spec. on the bulb?

Your pic doesn't really show how your meter is connected.
Hard to help without knowing/seeing exactly how it's connected,your dbt setup,etc.

Bob

That voltage is probably normal where you've measured on the unswitched outlet with a 60W bulb. There is too much resistance there. It likely isn't a good sign if the bulb is anything above just a glow. Did you hear the relay click?

With a 75W, it should settle within a couple of seconds to where the filament is just barely glowing. Stop at this point if it still glowing brightly.
If all goes well there, proceed to a 100W and you should see close to line voltage on that outlet.

Last edited:
That voltage is probably normal where you've measured on the unswitched outlet with a 60W bulb. There is too much resistance there. It likely isn't a good sign if the bulb is anything above just a glow. Did you hear the relay click?

With a 75W, it should settle within a couple of seconds to where the filament is just barely glowing. Stop at this point if it still glowing brightly.
If all goes well there, proceed to a 100W and you should see close to line voltage on that outlet.

I was incorrect. I used a 75w bulb, not 60w.

I will revisit this next weekend when I have my meter back and will take better pictures.

did you test your dbt on a known good unit ?
or you could just simply plug it in on its own and make sure lamp is out .i would think voltage will read low at unit if there is a short .

Hi y'all. A fellow member put me in touch with a local tech. I received word that my 2275 has been risen, and is making nice sounds again. I figured after investing in the appropriate tools and trying to make time, it was more effective to pay a little more and just get it done by someone who knows what he is doing. Still a little more that can be done but nothing that is going to blow up.

I'll pick it up when i get home from Boston.

Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom