Dead Sound Okay

Toasted Almond

RIP 1952-2016
It has dawned on me, that everybody I like to listen to is dead...
and while they may not LOOK like much these days, they still SOUND okay.

Just an observation.

Toasted Almond

Toast,I've noticed that most of my collection is dead.This is why caretakers at graveyards like music so much.In fact they really *dig* it.

Alan

Finally....!

Glad to see all you Deadheads coming out and finally admitting that you DO listen to the Dead.
And I thought I was all alone...........:yes: :yes: :yes:

Natch

Mr N:

I don't think he meant THE Dead... just dead guys 'n' gals ... y'know, like Billie, and Elvis, and Bird, and Johnny C., and Paul McCartney, and...

Although, of course, many of the Dead are, in fact, dead at this point...

I had guessed that the topic of T/A's original post would be how good some of the old Dead recordings sound! :) Some of 'em sure do... like the MFSL version of "American Beauty", and "Blues for Allah" on GD Records, and the new to me old copy of the original mix (W7 green label) of aoxomoxoa that I got a couple of weeks ago.

I don't think he meant THE Dead... just dead guys 'n' gals ... y'know, like Billie, and Elvis, and Bird, and Johnny C., and Paul McCartney, and...

PAUL McCARTNEY :headscrat

I believe that was a rumor.
Paul IS NOT dead. ;)

The dead, not "The Dead" is who I listen to. Zappa, Hendrix, Buddy Rich.... the list goes on and on (and is rumored to get bigger, maybe not better). Paul McCartney is just playing "make-believe" dead. I know dead when I hear it baby, and Paul is NOT dead.

No offense to "The Dead" fans, but it's not my bag. Never has been.

Toasted Almond

Originally posted by Toasted Almond
It has dawned on me, that everybody I like to listen to is dead...
and while they may not LOOK like much these days, they still SOUND okay.

Just an observation.

Toasted Almond

They sure do!

Back
Top Bottom