Dealings with this Marantz auction

rampage80

Hi everyone.

Been lurking for while on the Marantz forum and thinking of taking the leap into my first Marantz receiver (2270 or 2275). I've been outbid on a couple of nice pieces on that famous auction site, but I've noticed that this gentleman always seems to have some nice pieces there, and takes excellent photos both exterior and interior, with decent descriptions (in all caps no less).

Just curious as to whether any of you have had any dealings with him, he goes by "waroquier2006". I don't believe he's an AK member, at least a search revealed nothing, although something tells me I've seen a post or two from him. Didn't see him on the member list.

Any connections here?

Thanks.

Rampage

Personally I would go for a 2325 or else bid on a Sansui 9090**. I have taken apart and heard both of these and can honestly not see what the fasination is with Marantz equipment. I would definately sell my 2275 way before the Sansui 9090DB. On the other hand if one can get a 2325 or 4400 at a reasonable price then I would go for that.

vintagestereo said:
But, do you have a 2325? :scratch2:

NO!:tears: I originally wanted a 2325, but they are a bit pricey, so I decided on either a 2270 or 2275.

I am very happy with my 2270, but there will always be that what if....for the 2325.

Well of the Marantz receivers I've had pass through here I would say any one of them would make for a great system. It's all about how much power your speakers require, how loud you like your music, room size and what features you like. Anyway have had first hand knob time on

And of course the model 19 that I still have.

Lefty

Thanks for the help guys, very much appreciated!

DH, especially appreciated you chipping in on this, having just lost out on your last auction for the 2270, DARN! Sounded like you really had a lot hours into it too, and I really like your lighting solution.

Let me know if you ever start work on a KR-9600!

Rampage

rampage80 said:
Thanks for the help guys, very much appreciated!

DH, especially appreciated you chipping in on this, having just lost out on your last auction for the 2270, DARN! Sounded like you really had a lot hours into it too, and I really like your lighting solution.

Let me know if you ever start work on a KR-9600!

Rampage

=========
Hey - I did not know that!

Seems like everyone (except for some guy called "tech_hifi" who continuously disses everyone else's stuff - including my lamps) uniformly love the lamps. That is very gratifying to me because I originally only designed them for my own use.

In fact, I've just begun working on a KR-9600. It needs a lot of work, though. Don't expect it too soon :music: I won't put it up for sale until I know it's perfect. Those are great receivers! I've also got a 6600 and a 7600 (I think).

DH

I almost dropped my beer when I read your last note DH!

I sent you a PM immediately after reading!

Thanks again.

Rampage

Should be able to pick up a 2330 for less than a 2325 on a given day, technically they're similarly built, I think the 2330 sounds a tad better actually, not to be confused with a 2330B, just the plain old 2330.

If you go quad the 4300 and 4400 are actually a bit heavier on the power supply side of things though you'll pay a premium for the 4400. Still if you run them two channel better be sure they're in tip top shape. If they're not this will pose problems. Still in two channel mode I'd think even the 4300 will put out more real world power than the 2325/2330 regardless if its rated to only 100wpc, the power supply is more substantial.

As far as the Sansui 990DB/9090DB, I'd place this one lower on my list of priority in the 125wpc power class. I think the 2330 sounds better and many of the other receivers of a similar power are better built than both these, including but not limited to the MCS 3125, Sanyo JCX-2900K, Fisher RS-1060, Onkyo TX-8500 etc.

Back
Top Bottom