"Death Wish" is back....

:thumbsdown: from watching the trailer it looks like an action/comedy........theres no comedy in death wish, plus eli roth isn't a great director, give me the original any day

poster_death-wish-compressor.jpg

Doesn't anyone in Hollywood have an original idea anymore? I like Bruce Willis but he's no Charles Bronson. The original Death Wish is the archetype of an anti-hero film.

They can't even be creative in casting. If it were me I would have cast Jeff Goldblum as the hero. A beer to who can tell me why.

if it were me i would cast Tom Hardy, the movie would be dark/gritty

Jeez... if that movie gets any darker I'll need a flashlight to watch it. :) The only thing I never bought was Bronson acting like a pussy at the beginning of the movie.

Jeez... if that movie gets any darker I'll need a flashlight to watch it. :) The only thing I never bought was Bronson acting like a pussy at the beginning of the movie.

how was he acting like a pussy ? , its been awhile since ive watched the film, need to get this one on blu ray

The only thing I never bought was Bronson acting like a pussy at the beginning of the movie.

He was a milquetoast brought to violent response by events. He snapped and unleashed his inner sociopath in other words. He's most definitely not a hero or badass.

While we're talking Bronson, Hard Times. Perhaps one of the best Great Depression films made.

He was a milquetoast brought to violent response by events. He snapped and unleashed his inner sociopath in other words. He's most definitely not a hero or harass.

While we're talking Bronson, Hard Times. Perhaps one of the best Great Depression films made.
So, did anyone see American Assassin?

He was a milquetoast brought to violent response by events. He snapped and unleashed his inner sociopath in other words. He's most definitely not a hero or badass.

ye i got hard times on blu ray, another good bronson film is the mechanic

ye i got hard times on blu ray, another good bronson film is the mechanic

The Mechanic is definitely one of his top 5 films. Tempted to add The Stone Killer but it's been a long time since I saw it to be sure.

/thread hijack mode: off

how was he acting like a pussy ? , its been awhile since ive watched the film, need to get this one on blu ray

Watch the first 20 or so minutes. He's got the whole "I'm going to kill you with whatever I find in the room" look from the get-go, but his trepidation at confronting the street is more like the milquetoast architecht (civil engineer?) and I would have liked to see a little more of a visual transition into "****ing Charles ****ing Bronson". I'm picking nits though... Death Wish is the mother of all modern revenge/action movies.

Straw Dogs - what we need is more Peckinpah movies!
Oh hell, he's dead too!!

Back
Top Bottom