decent vintage speakers for 9090

progger7

I'm building a system for my parents that will have a Sansui 9090 as the foundation (what a son!). They will be listening exclusively to classical music. I hope to find a relatively cheap pair (under $125 on epay) of vintage speakers that will adequitely compliment the 9090. They don't need to be "awesome" as they are definately not audiophiles.

Any thoughts? What about the Smaller Advent Loudspeakers?

A-25's are Sweeeet!

I like The Advent Loudspeaker (original ones with walnut trim and orange fried-egg tweeter mouted diagonally), but for pure sound I'd say Dynaco A-25. My old ones used to "sing" with my CR-1020 hooked to them. The cabinets were in tough shape, but I still regret selling them. I will get a mint pair one day.

Greg

I have just purchased a 9090, and am very pleasantly surprised with how darn good it is.

I have a pair of IMF Super Compacts hooked up, and it is a very sweet match indeed.

Before arriving at this match I tried a pair of vintage AR7, and a pair of Mordaunt Short "Pageants".

I was quite happy with all, but the IMF's had that little extra bass extension and edge with imaging.

My 2 cents worth.:)

thanks. I couldn't find any IMF's on ebay. I'm hoping to get a decent pair of speakers for cheap on ebay. Any other suggestions?

Yes. Pick up a pair of Infinity Qb's. They are pure magic with the 9090. I sold my 9090 and my Qb's, and I regretted it so much that I had to buy another set of Qb's and another 9090.....neither of which look as nice as what I had and cost twice as much.

Trust Kama on this one :)

I trust! Thanks. I'll see if I can find a decent set on ebay or get lucky in the coming weeks at Goodwill!

I have just purchased a 9090, and am very pleasantly surprised with how darn good it is.

I have a pair of IMF Super Compacts hooked up, and it is a very sweet match indeed.

Before arriving at this match I tried a pair of vintage AR7, and a pair of Mordaunt Short "Pageants".

I was quite happy with all, but the IMF's had that little extra bass extension and edge with imaging.

Did I know there was another IMF Super Compact owner on AK!?!

If I did I forgot. I love mine! They're warm, rich, and smooth. Amazing bass (quantity and quality) for the cabinet size. Don't see 'em here too often though. I guess the big IMF's were really something.

Back
Top Bottom