Decided to go vintage

Buying vintage Japanese TT's I've not had to do any maintenance cept 1 of 6. They are built well and pretty foolproof unless abused.

Be patient. Over the last few years I have found: AR XA for $20, AR XB cheap, Modded AR with a 3009 arm for $75, two working Duals free, as well as several nice tube amps, etc.
I’ve been fortunate, but I check CL, FB marketplace, classified ads for estate and garage sales almost daily. Good stuff is out there.

I do like the look of the thorens turntables even the new ones. I will probably start going to some estate sales they seem to have some every weekend. I was looking at new turntables and it's around $1200 for the one I want. I hope to get a used vintage one for much less. I have seen some that let you stack the albums are those any good or is that just something that is not used much?

I would just figure the cost and time of a drive to Houston and back as part of the deal, and budget time and money accordingly. You might google 'turntable repair' or 'audio repair' for the Houston area, you might find a shop with a decent selection of used gear. And, if you're lucky, maybe you'll run into a good tech as well. I have such a place in my area, and it's a good way to make contact with pre-owned or consignment equipment at decent prices.

I do like the look of the thorens turntables even the new ones. I will probably start going to some estate sales they seem to have some every weekend. I was looking at new turntables and it's around $1200 for the one I want. I hope to get a used vintage one for much less. I have seen some that let you stack the albums are those any good or is that just something that is not used much?

Some of the Duals are changers but I wouldn't let my LP's slap and stack on top of each other lol.

Back
Top Bottom