Denon 2106 AVR

rayj

Does anyone have any experience with these or similar.

Im looking to go from a failing 90's receiver to something that will last me another 10 years. Im assuming the 2106 is this century. The Denon looks exellent condition with remote.

My main goal is to play my records and CDs in 3 rooms, all adjacent. Is an AVR good for this? The rest of the goodies i can explore later on.

? opinons ? reliability. Thanks

So you're looking for unit that can handle multiple (three?) zones, each with its own set of speakers (a stereo pair?). Is that right? How will you control volume in each room? How will you skip songs or change CDs? Any other sources you want to listen to (such as TV shows—the BIG game, radio stations, iPods/iPhones/computer streaming)?

Looks like it's an older model without HDMI but if you don't need HDMI then I would think it should serve your needs.

I've had a Denon AVR for 8 years that's only just now developing a quirk - I think there must be a battery or chip that saves the HDMI settings that has gone bad, which means I lose my settings on occasion - other than that it has been rock-solid and sounds wonderful every time I use it.

I've had a Denon AVR for 8 years that's only just now developing a quirk - I think there must be a battery or chip that saves the HDMI settings that has gone bad, which means I lose my settings on occasion...

I believe Denon started using supercaps some time ago (2006-8?) to maintain stored settings. You could try checking yours and replacing it if bad.

rayj: Iirc, the 2106 offered both an optionally powered zone 2 mode, in which the power-amp channels for the back surround speaker outs are re-assigned for zone 2 power-amp duty, and a 5/7-channel-stereo mode, in which the signal for the front channels is also assigned to the surround and surround back channels. Depending on the impedance of the speakers you'd intend to use, the latter mode might be the better choice.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

edit: typo extermination...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom