Denon 5600 pre-amp bypass idea / thoughts

Shane R.

Hello, I'm new to audio style modifications but I recently picked up a avr 5600 and got a service manual for it (let me know if you want it on pdf) and the only feature that I find it lacking is a pre-amp bypass, having looked over the drawings I find that all the audio comes quite conveniently thru 1 connector to the amp, (CN133) I did a quick measurement of the signal going thru that connection to find its right at the 5-80~ish mV depending on input volume and master volume. So, do you think it would be possible to simplify tap into these connections and run them to the back with basic rca connections in order to create a bypass? I am not sure what else would be in-line for this connection, but I imagine there would need to be a switch that once connected would turn those channels off of the pre-amp board. This whole idea came about because I wanted to have hdmi inputs and figured using a pre-amp with the option would allow me to easily add that feature. I did think about trying to convert the s-video card to hdmi switching, which would be an intense process, but way above my electronic skills.

The intended input would be rca connection from a pre-amp with rca "pre-out" connections, there is no digital conversion as I am bypassing pretty much 95% of the receiver itself and plugging directly into the 5 amplifier driver boards driving the speakers. This would allow me to use any receiver I want as long as it has pre-out functionality with the benifit of having a 140wpc amplifier hooked up. I also do not own the remote for the 5600 so setting it up properly is very difficult.

Back
Top Bottom