Denon AVR-1084 (remote control in, out)

Gilbertg90

hey guys, im new to this whole home theater thing. I have set up my avr in a way i cannot have line of sight for the ir receiver on the face of my avr. I do not want to buy a ir receiver and emitter. I also do not want to open it up and modify it (to lazy at the moment). I was looking into it just a little and i have an ir in out on the rear can i plug a stereo ir receiver (non powered) and it will work ?

hey guys, im new to this whole home theater thing. I have set up my avr in a way i cannot have line of sight for the ir receiver on the face of my avr. I do not want to buy a ir receiver and emitter. I also do not want to open it up and modify it (to lazy at the moment). I was looking into it just a little and i have an ir in out on the rear can i plug a stereo ir receiver (non powered) and it will work ?

What's a "stereo ir receiver (non powered)" and how do you propose it transmit a signal through a solid metal plug to the receiving electronics in the Denon?

P.S. Denon service manuals with full schematics are widely available on the internet. And while I don't recall an AVR-1084 model (there WAS an AVR-1082; clone of AVR-3802), there was an AVR-1804 model.

Back
Top Bottom