Denon DCD-1100 with bizarre issue

EastPoint

Recycler
Subscriber
Hi folks. I have a new to me Denon DCD-1100 CD player. When I put in a CD and hit play, the drawer closes fine, but when it fires up the player itself makes a wobbly noise and it won't read correctly. If I push down on the top of the mechanism, it will read fine and play fine. If I put the CD player on its side, it plays fine. I feel like it needs more pressure from underneath to keep the CD steady. Is there something I can adjust to deal with that?

This was transported without its transport screw in--could that be an issue?

If you try stacking two CDs in the tray, will it reliably play the bottom one? Not suggesting that as a solution, just a diagnostic step.

Okay. Have you been through the sticked thread about a different Denon player having trouble reading discs? Otherwise I guess I'm not much help, sorry.

I know this is an old post, but I just bought one of these with the same issue. I added some sewing machine oil under the plate that spins the CD, where the rod leads into the motor. I waited about 10 minutes and it spins silently and functions as it should.

I love this site! To raise another ancient thread from the dead, I just got one of these players that gave an 01 error when a disk was inserted and rumbled, disk wobbled and the motor made funny noises.

I put a tiny amount of synthetic clock oil in the specified spot and cleaned off the balance hub -- dusty and dead foam. Works perfectly now!

Almost as good as the amp I got that "didn't make sound" because no speakers were selected....

Back
Top Bottom