Denon DCD-510AE CD Player Problem

Laura Lex

Hello, I have a Denon DCD-510AE CD player that is having the following problem:

Sometimes when there is a CD inside and I click Eject it goes into "READING" and starts playing the first track of the CD.

It is not all the time.
Sometimes it goes days without presenting the problem and then it starts again, it does it for a few times and then ejects the CD and then it may or may not do it again on the next CD.

Sometimes it gets even worse and whichever button I press it goes into READING and then starts playing the first track and then I have to click Eject several times until I can get the CD out.

It does the same whether I press the buttons on the front panel or on the remote.

It is inconsistent.
It does that with different CDs, with Audio CDs and with mp3 CDs.

Has anyone had this problem?
Any suggestions on what can be the cause?

Thank you.

2662a30ad6eef911874c837a514119ae.jpg

I've been watching this thread for a couple of days.

Since the unit is still fairly new, maybe you could contact Denon and see what they think. Also, it might be a good idea to do a Google search as I did and came up with quite a few posts about the same problem. Seems that this is a bit of a common problem with that unit...

Hello, I have a Denon DCD-510AE CD player that is having the following problem:

Sometimes when there is a CD inside and I click Eject it goes into "READING" and starts playing the first track of the CD.

It is not all the time.
Sometimes it goes days without presenting the problem and then it starts again, it does it for a few times and then ejects the CD and then it may or may not do it again on the next CD.

Sometimes it gets even worse and whichever button I press it goes into READING and then starts playing the first track and then I have to click Eject several times until I can get the CD out.

It does the same whether I press the buttons on the front panel or on the remote.

It is inconsistent.
It does that with different CDs, with Audio CDs and with mp3 CDs.

Has anyone had this problem?
Any suggestions on what can be the cause?

Thank you.

View attachment 1130158

I've got a Denon DCD-510AE that's exhibiting exactly this issue and have done a bit of research on it. From what I understand from this article:

...the 5V line is (somehow) being pulled down by the 8V motor control supply.

I think I've been able to mitigate this by replacing the LM7805 labelled IC94 with a "modern" switching regulator (about 50p from AliExpress) which seems to be making it behave a lot better.

Hope this helps.

j

Back
Top Bottom