Denon DP-52F

hakka26

Asking around for stereo equipment at a yard sale. Guy says he has a Denon TT if I want to take a look. So we drive to his house and he says his DJ nephew can't use it. He gave it to me to audition and make an offer. It's in excellent condition but need to find the dustcover. Has AT cartridge. Saw some threads on this but no real reviews. Is it worth purchasing?

I think if the price is right it is a decent turntable. I got my Dad a DP-47F a few years ago. The dustcover might be nearly impossible to locate unless you get lucky. There was a guy selling lexan covers for turntables a few years ago for tables like VPI. WT etc. Heck you could buy some clear plastic to cover it with to keep out the dust. I am using a Denon 103D cartridge and it works well with my Denon t/t. John

I have the 61F which appears to be very similar if not identical to the 52F and love it. Great table and very silent. I was missing the cover hinges and was able to order them new from Tritronics. When I did, last year, I saw they had a few more parts from Denon, worth a phone call... If all works fine (mine still doesn't want to work in fully automatic mode), and the price is right, go get it.

My $.02

Forgot link:
http://www.tritronicsinc.com/

Last edited:
Actually, I should've said he needs to find the cover as he is sure he has it and maybe the manual. Looks like a decent TT. Just didn't want to crawl into the cabinet again to hook up an all flash and no go unit. Replies are promising so here goes. He also said he has a huge 4 track Teac RtR in storage so I may go for a package deal :thmbsp: .

Excellent TT. DD and fully auto. Not only does it look good, it performs and sounds good (pardon my poor grammar). If not too expensive, I'd definitely jump on it.

I have DP-51F and like it. I don't know what differences there are between the 51 & 52. For mine I had to buy a stylus gage to set the tracking force - no visible scale.

No scale on the 52F either and without a manual didn't even know there was a way to set tracking. Haven't hooked it up yet. Need to make space as it is very large and good looking. Left a message for the seller today he has yet to get back to me. What is the red eye for? I guess I need to post a pic.

The "red eye" is the sensor for the record size (33rpm or 45 rpm). The table 'knows" what is on the mat and will position the arm at the beginning of the first track.

Well, got her all hooked up and discovered the stylus is missing :thumbsdn: -AT-155. Suggestions were made at the AK temp site but as I said, I'm still waiting for the seller to reply so we may discuss price-been over a week!

Back
Top Bottom