Denon DP-61F tone arm

Vashane

I heard these are good TT's and would like to get this one repaired. The tone arm is broken and did a lot of searching for replacement arms....found nothing. So am asking if anyone could get me going in the right direction on finding a replacement or in contact with anyone who might have parts for this unit. Thanks.

This is not an easy task. The arm control and operating functions of this unit is very complex. It is probably one of the best Denon's. It has more speed stability than most. I do not know where you are in the world, but you need a high quality shop to put this right. They also have a history of capacitor failure and sensor problems. What part of the arm is broken?
Parts are around for these, but there are many arms that are a bit different, so parts have to be purchased from good sources and they are not cheap.

Everything is functional.....that I can tell. All automatic functions seem fine. I live on the east coast USA. The arm is broken at the end where the stylus connects.

If it is where the headshell plugs in there are many good epoxy materials, that may work. But you have to confirm electrical integrity.

The arm is broken at the end where the stylus connects.

I'm assuming your meaning where the cartridge is connected to the headshell? Pictures would help. Welcome to AK!

The TT came with two tonearm variation and were easily interchangeable; a straight tube and a S tube version. The original TT came or at least mine did with both arms tubes. They do show up from time to time ( maybe once a year and at a pretty price) on ebay. The S arm does have a detachable SME type of head shell which are readily available. The straight tube headshell might be repairable with some good epoxy like Freddymac2 mentioned but any major repair to the tone arm would be a considerable challenge.

Michael

Back
Top Bottom