Denon Dream Amp

Archguy

Official Roiurama Factory Rep
Good God, I never lusted after a Denon like this before. No affil...I can only dream really.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

OTOH, he is accepting offers, and this device looks intoxicating .... must....resist....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Beaut...ondition-in-Original-Box-SN-0031/113199602392

I ended up buying a different Denon amp to ease the pain of not being able to drop 5Gs on this..

Photos soon. That's three new amps in the past week. I definitely have a problem.

The seller must have hit a jackpot or something. looks like he started out selling old Compaq server parts/components (based on sold items and his eBay name), moved into some Cisco memory modules?, and suddenly Mark Levinson, exotic Denon amps, etc. He even has a set of amps at $14,000. :idea:

That Accuphase P-800 he's selling is nice. He's only about an hour away too...
Just need to dig up $6,000 for a spare amp to go with the rest of the collection that's hanging out in the closet waiting on a decent space to set up a system.

For posterity the original listing is $4500 and is for:

Rare Beautiful Denon POA-3000RG U.S 120V Mint Condition in Original Box SN#0031

I like this one better! :naughty:

He also has a monster Accuphase and these beautiful Sansui amps:

s-l1600.jpg

I've seen this happen more times than I can count. Someone's been selling used blue jeans and broken china cups for years and then suddenly happens onto a hoard of $10,000 amplifiers etc. How on Earth does this happen?? Presuming it's legit, I mean.

My Denon arrived with the front glass dislodged and one channel intermittent. Fortunately Denon made the glass 1/4" thick back then so even though the amp was clearly dropped the glass didn't break. The other issue I'm off to address now. I really don't want to send it back because it weighs a ton and I like it aside from the fact that it's broken.

Plus I'm not looking forward to yet another fight with a seller. Oh yeah, the faceplate is scratched too. Right now I'm running about one piece in three arriving with significant damage. You know this is a sign from the heavens that I should stop buying stuff. But will I listen??

s-l1600.jpg

I've seen this happen more times than I can count. Someone's been selling used blue jeans and broken china cups for years and then suddenly happens onto a hoard of $10,000 amplifiers etc. How on Earth does this happen?? Presuming it's legit, I mean.

Strange luck is how!!!

I normally buy/sell tools but i dont mind taking a chance on learning something new. About a year ago i was asked if i could help sell some items for a friend of my mothers who's girlfriend passed away. My first trip there resulted in me filling my fullsize truck bed to the top with shoes that average $700.00 a pair. The clothing/jewlery/accessories were even more spectacular and nearly all unworn. I'm still selling it with plenty to go

I realize my example example isn't high end audio but i suspect that these great finds are just blind luck.

Thanks to you guys i have dreams of asking an old lady (having a yard sale) if she has old audio gear only to be lead inside to her husbands listening space full of vintage Marantz/Mcintosh tube gear. Hey, a guy can dream, right?

BigCaddy, when you want to use quotes, make sure you place your own comments OUTSIDE of the quote so it shows up separately, otherwise, the reader has to open the quote and may not see your comment. You can hit the edit button and change it if you like.

With regard to the subject of sellers suddenly selling other items, it can surely happen as Big Cad also states. I was recently talking to a wheeler dealer near me and he used to sell all sorts of used motorcycles/parts, then happened into some Ham gear, so got into that, then moved into guns, etc.. Sometimes, it is just blind luck, but, as a buyer, I am NOT going to pay top dollar if the seller has no history/knowledge about what they are selling, but I am more cheap, if the right item for a die hard collector, they certainly will.

If your stuff is arriving damaged from poor packing, switch to buying from AKers who know how to pack, or local sales.

If your stuff is arriving damaged from poor packing, switch to buying from AKers who know how to pack, or local sales.

The packing job was excellent. And I do a lot of buying (and some selling) on AK but sometimes the thing you want is elsewhere. Even excellent packing jobs can fall victim to really bad handling, though I'm not sure that was the issue in this case.

s-l1600.jpg

My Denon arrived with the front glass dislodged and one channel intermittent. Fortunately Denon made the glass 1/4" thick back then so even though the amp was clearly dropped the glass didn't break. The other issue I'm off to address now. I really don't want to send it back because it weighs a ton and I like it aside from the fact that it's broken.

Plus I'm not looking forward to yet another fight with a seller. Oh yeah, the faceplate is scratched too. Right now I'm running about one piece in three arriving with significant damage. You know this is a sign from the heavens that I should stop buying stuff. But will I listen??

And which Denon did you just buy? The one that started this thread??

Back
Top Bottom