Denon POA-2200 A L&R speakers not working?

Ramseybella

AK Member
OK i have all sorts of issues going on ordered a new fuse for my Rotel RB 930AX that i FUBAR'ed yesterday by accident.
At this time running my thrift store find, Denon POA-2200 power amp.
While B speaker block works fine A block is dead.
I haven't opened this beast yet as i plan on getting the Rotel up and running later.
My question where do i start to look for the issue on the Denon?
I have to say this Denon has an insane amount of power, dialed it down to half on both speakers.

Researching this issue i have only come across left or right channel being out nothing about the A or B speaker output being dead.

A and B speakers are controlled by separate relays. Can you hear a relay click when A speaker button is engaged? Since B speakers work you should be able to hear that relay click as B button is engaged.

Craig

opened it up tonight did a visual inspection no blown fuses no fried caps or anything that can be seen.
Anything past VE is Greek to me.
Note the A&B together is 16 ohm on up, Separate is 6 ohm on up.
Cold someone have damaged something?

Does the speaker "A" LED light up? I'm assuming the "B" LED does light up when speaker "B" is selected.

Does the speaker "A" LED light up? I'm assuming the "B" LED does light up when speaker "B" is selected.
Yes it lights up as it should.
No hum B side is solid sounding no distortion at all.
Years of dealing with stereo equipment never seen this issue before.:idea:

There are two sections in the switch, DPDT, one for the LED and one section for the actuation of the relay. So you know at least one section of the switch is working. It will take a bit of troubleshooting figure out the rest. The circuit is simple, the switch, a diode, a transistor, and the relay. Any test equipment?

Craig

Back
Top Bottom