Denon preamplifier/processor

asking you

Hi, I'm currently bought a denon avp a1,not the hdmi version,the product almost like is the denon avp 8000,but with tuner, it's a great preamp, I'm using it only for stereo.does anyone know if i set the speaker setting to large.it will still filter some low end bass?if not,how to check it.I also have realize that some parts inside have mold,will it effect the sound very much?

Attachments

• IMG_20171126_215931_475-1346x1346.jpg
    IMG_20171126_215931_475-1346x1346.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 33
the mold is dangerous to your health - the heat inside the unit will force the mold spores out of
the unit into your room. get this fixed NOW.

speaker on large? what do you mean? add photo.

the mold is dangerous to your health - the heat inside the unit will force the mold spores out of

speaker on large? what do you mean? add photo.
Oops,i mean in the speaker setting,I set the front speaker to large.

again, what is "large" (don't care who set it, or no remote, or attached to TV)

is "large" printed on your unit? or is this another term? or is this a translation?

please take picture showing "large" and post here. use cell phone. get good detail.

No need to fear monger, mold and mold spores are everywhere, unless you live in a sterile environment you're breathing in mold spores right now.

The mold inside the Denon is harmless.

Hi, I'm currently bought a denon avp a1,not the hdmi version,the product almost like is the denon avp 8000,but with tuner, it's a great preamp, I'm using it only for stereo.does anyone know if i set the speaker setting to large.it will still filter some low end bass?if not,how to check it.I also have realize that some parts inside have mold,will it effect the sound very much?

It shouldn't filter any low bass when set to "large." That old nomenclature considered that full range, large, speakers are attached, thus, full frequency. Where's the mold? That white stuff in your picture looks like glue.

Oh, if your worried, then wipe it down with 90% alcohol and a cotton ball. I'd probably take it outside and dust the inside with a paint brush, vacuum, and air.

Last edited:
sorry, the OP lives in Malaysia. KL is humid as are most Asian cities. mold develops quickly even
in the winter in HK.

and, in Singapore recently, the Indonesian fires made for difficulty breathing. the PM2.5 is super high
in china and india. Dehli just captured the current record for super high PM2.5 - approaching 1000.
google what is safe.

the high PM2.5 pollution there, with the forest fire pollution, and then mold.

A friend of mine was in Beijing weeks before the 2008 Olympics, after one year of mandatory NO
construction to keep the cement dust down, couldn't see 50 yards in front of him at 2PM so it
wasn't fog, and there was no blue days (seeing the blue sky) for the last 90 days, had to leave
after three days - he couldn't breathe.

other friends had similar problems in Hong Kong, 8 days last December and he had to leave. he tells
me mildew is a big problem in the mid-levels.

if the OP was in illlinois or anywhere in the US, he could live in an unabated house with mold in
the basement and not be affected.

Just not anywhere in Asia for the high humidity.

sorry, the OP lives in Malaysia. KL is humid as are most Asian cities. mold develops quickly even
in the winter in HK.

and, in Singapore recently, the Indonesian fires made for difficulty breathing. the PM2.5 is super high
in china and india. Dehli just captured the current record for super high PM2.5 - approaching 1000.
google what is safe.

A friend of mine was in Beijing weeks before the 2008 Olympics, after one year of mandatory NO
construction to keep the cement dust down, couldn't see 50 yards in front of him at 2PM so it
wasn't fog, and there was no blue days (seeing the blue sky) for the last 90 days, had to leave

other friends had similar problems in Hong Kong, 8 days last December and he had to leave. he tells

if the OP was in illlinois or anywhere in the US, he could live in an unabated house with mold in

I have agree with you,everytime morning my car are all wet...

in the winter in HK.

google what is safe.

I think previous owner store for a long time, and after that he decided to let it go.

It shouldn't filter any low bass when set to "large." That old nomenclature considered that full range, large, speakers are attached, thus, full frequency. Where's the mold? That white stuff in your picture looks like glue.

Oh, if your worried, then wipe it down with 90% alcohol and a cotton ball. I'd probably take it outside and dust the inside with a paint brush, vacuum, and air.
I was thinking about the same,but when i tried with another preamp, I can hear more full range sound.

Actually the inside very clean then what i expected..

The earlier comment is correct. If the front speakers are set to "Large" they should be receiving full range signal (as in no high pass filter applied).

Back
Top Bottom