Denon TU-1500RD

DanTana

Hey Guys,

Picked up one of these tonight, so far the sensitivity is quite good, and soundstage and sonics are pretty decent also. It looks really nice and it was never used, even the power cord was still in the wrapper. Pristine condition, and the RDS is a very nice feature. Just wish I had the remote with it. I'm really liking this tuner so far.

Attachments

• Denon TU-1500RD1.jpg
    Denon TU-1500RD1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 27
First initial impressions, two stations I listen to most are the public Jazz and Classical stations, both located on the north side of Chicago. I'm roughly 70 miles south of there with lots of large buildings in-between. This is one of the quietest tuners I've heard yet for those two stations using an indoor antenna. Hardly any perceived noise at all, with even my Philips having some trouble pulling in those two. It seems to try to pull in stations that barely have a signal, one thing I dislike very much about this tuner is no signal strength meter, but the controls are much more intelligently laid out and easy to use than most, however the buttons are rather small, but spread out enough to use easily. I've seen few tuners that look this good, it's slim, takes up little room and feels like a quality built tuner. I need a few more hours to judge sound quality, but the bass is not bloated or boomy, has a very clean and detailed sound, highs could be a tad more extended, I noticed on the classical station, how good the piano sounded. Soundstage is very good, maybe not as wide as some others. Has good depth though in the soundstage, not 2 dimensional. I'll report back more as I get more time with this.

Back
Top Bottom