Denver to Castle Rock?

Hajidub

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hello all. I'm south of Colorado Springs and this guy in Denver will not budge with meeting me part ways in Castle Rock for the deal (seemed weird but I understand). I'm interested in this Dual TT he's selling, but can't find time to drive the 1.5 hrs north to grab it. Are any AK'ers in Denver willing to do the deal and meet me in Castle Rock this week, or weekend, to complete the transaction? I'd be willing to pay for gas and lunch if so, I'd appreciate it big time!

https://denver.craigslist.org/ele/d/1970-dual-1209-idler-drive/6715519624.html

Last edited:
Hello all. I'm south of Colorado Springs and this guy in Denver will not budge with meeting me part ways in Castle Rock for the deal (seemed weird but I understand). I'm interested in this Dual TT he's selling, but can't find time to drive the 1.5 hrs north to grab it. Are any AK'ers in Denver willing to do the deal and meet me in Castle Rock this week, or weekend, to complete the transaction? I'd be willing to pay for gas and lunch if so, I'd appreciate it big time!

https://denver.craigslist.org/ele/d/1970-dual-1209-idler-drive/6715519624.html
Drive to Denver.. I know a short cut through phantom canyon..:p

Drive to Denver.. I know a short cut through phantom canyon..:p

Phantom Canyon is south of me and ends in Cripple Creek! I realize it's not that far, but if I can half the drive and leave all Interstate driving I will. It's just a matter of finding time (work, kids).

Being sarcastic. I was near the Royal Gorge and Phantom Canyon road didn't look very far to Cripple Creek on the map. It beat the shit out of my 1980 T/A.I'll know better next time..:biggrin:

Being sarcastic. I was near the Royal Gorge and Phantom Canyon road didn't look very far to Cripple Creek on the map. It beat the shit out of my 1980 T/A.I'll know better next time..:biggrin:

OMG, you did that in your Trans? Let me know next time your in the area!

Well the T/A was a 1980 Turbo model. But this was in the summer of 1990. I was TDY back to tech school at Lowry AFB just before Operation Desert Shield. I got back to Eglin AFB, Florida just in time for the deployment to Saudi Arabia for Desert Storm. The T/A was in pretty rough shape to start with. :biggrin: It got me to Lowry and back to Florida with a lot of mileage in Colorado. I love trout fishing and camping. Phantom canyon destroyed my battery tray and battery. I even took it to the summit of Pikes Peak.

Last edited:
Was the first off road trip I took my Honda Element back in 05', worked like a charm. I wouldn't take any vehicle to the top of PP, it's murder on the brakes coming down, plus I've got to look at it for the last 40 yrs...lol.

Was the first off road trip I took my Honda Element back in 05', worked like a charm. I wouldn't take any vehicle to the top of PP, it's murder on the brakes coming down, plus I've got to look at it for the last 40 yrs...lol.
Lucky you.:thumbsup:
80 Turbo T/A - 4 wheel disk. No issues.

Back
Top Bottom