Denver vintage voltage expo

kermit z, sorry I missed you. I did look for youand remember that you said that you'd be wearing that cap.

You going to post pic of that new amp? Preston

So did anyone find any thing?

I brought home a bunch of stuff that could easily be categorized as garbage and Mrs. Scuzzer wasn't pleased but Cricket gave me an amp and the first thing my daughter said was "ooooooh, that's pretty", so I've got that going for me.

I was disappointed there weren't any huge boxes of unsorted tubes to sort through but otherwise there was some nice junk there. I'm going to have to volunteer to help someone set up if I want to find nice tube stuff though.

Sold some stuff
Bought some stuff.
Spent more than I took in so that's about right.
Bought a lot of vinyl. At a buck or two each it was like the best Goodwill ever :)
Picked up a MAC 1900...so now I've got that going for me.
Great to meet so many nice people!

Had a great time, picked up some new toys, talked to some great guys.

Mike

My favorite new toy:D
space4.jpg

space3.jpg

space.jpg

So did anyone find any thing? It was good seeing Jcricket again. I thought I saw others but I was with my girl and moving quickly thru the crowd :) I picked up a Yamaha MX-630 power amp, playing it now as we speak and am very impressed. Chelsea picked up about 12 LP's. Overall lots of gear as usual.

Sorry I missed you. Maybe at Shane's next time.

Mike

kermit z, sorry I missed you. I did look for youand remember that you said that you'd be wearing that cap.

You going to post pic of that new amp? Preston

Hey Preston :) I couldn't find my cap:sigh: but did find my shirt. I saw Galaxie from a distance, as there seemed a big crowd around those tables. Thought I saw Mike and Shane too.

Here is my new amp. Been running it this afternoon, and am very happy so far. Had to do a trade off, as Chelsea would not be super happy if I walked in with more "Stuff". This gentleman had a very mint looking Pioneer RT-707 for a nice price and willing to negotiate. But, I have 3 R2R's and really have a hard time trying to add to the group. So I got the Yamaha MX-630. Some minor nicks but works nice, with no dents.:thmbsp:

I see Mike got some Space Age 70's stuff:thmbsp: Nice!!

CIMG3635.jpg

CIMG3638.jpg

CIMG3650.jpg

And with the rest of the system...

CIMG3639.jpg

I did really good today. I took a truck load(literally) of stuff to sell. I said I wouldn't buy anything. I sold everything but one pair of speaekrs. I did buy three tube type transformers/chokes. That is all I bought until the last 5 minutes before I left.

I couldn't resist. I got 3500 45's for $70. That is $0.02 each.
So i brought a truck load of stuff home too. :sigh:

Darn it.:D

Now to sort, clean and load my juke box with em.

I'll post a thread in turnatables or music or something when I start going through them.
Mark

Oh, BTW, we did not use the Ak name at all, but one meber had his name on a sign with the comment
"Friend of Grumpy"
I thought that was pretty cool.

So i brought a truck load of stuff home too.

Is that what all that was!

Good for you!

Attachments

• P1040222.jpg
    P1040222.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Here is my new amp. Been running it this afternoon, and am very happy so far.

That's nice looking, congrats! I have several Yamaha amps and really like the way they sound and perform.

I do like that TT, do you have a link to it's build or a brief resume of it:thmbsp:.

Most of the AKers that had tables were busy and it was hard to visit with them.

Thanks for the pics. Preston

I did really good today....I couldn't resist.

Mark, there is a term for that, like double negative or positive negative...or, dichotomy.

I do understand, that for you that's good and that you couldn't resist:D.

It was good to see you. Preston

I brought home a bunch of stuff that could easily be categorized as garbage...

I have to apologize...you were talking to Mark and he said to me "this is Gary"...I thought 'Gary????' It didn't register until I just now saw your post and made the connection...I'm looking forward to really meeting you:yes:. Preston

That's nice looking, congrats! I have several Yamaha amps and really like the way they sound and perform.

I do like that TT, do you have a link to it's build or a brief resume of it:thmbsp:.

Most of the AKers that had tables were busy and it was hard to visit with them.

Thanks for the pics. Preston

Its a Pro-Ject RM 1.3 w/Sumiko Pearl cart. I have had it for about a year now and have really enjoyed it alot.

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/article/review-pro-ject-rm-13-turntable

I did really good today. I took a truck load(literally) of stuff to sell. I said I wouldn't buy anything. I sold everything but one pair of speaekrs. I did buy three tube type transformers/chokes. That is all I bought until the last 5 minutes before I left.

So i brought a truck load of stuff home too. :sigh:

Darn it.:D

Now to sort, clean and load my juke box with em.

I'll post a thread in turnatables or music or something when I start going through them.
Mark

Wow, thats alot of 45's ;)

I'm looking forward to really meeting you

I'm looking forward to having an opportunity to meet more of you guys as well. The expo is a difficult place to meet folks since half of us are hunting for junk and half trying to sell their junk.

Hopefully one of the Denver area AK meetings will take place when my kids don't have multiple weekend sporting events so I can attend.

Here are a some some of the members. I need to get a new camera. This is the best that I could do out of a couple of dozen pics.

It was good to see you guys again!

J

Attachments

• vv 004.jpg
    vv 004.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 56
  • vv 008.jpg
    vv 008.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 58
  • vv 009.jpg
    vv 009.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 56