Denver vintage voltage expo

I'll be there. Thought about doing a table as I have quite the collection of this and that, cables, connectors, accessories, unopened XRCD's, etc. But, I think I'll just observe this year as it will be my first visit to Vintage Voltage.

Should I bother to bring a pair of JBL L80t3, Kinda bulky and would hate to have to lug em back.

Last edited:
Hey Folks,
I have been gone for way too long. I'll see you folks at he CB for breakfast. What This would be a donation to that member.
I hope to see you folks tomorrow.

mark

I vote 7:00. We would finish up by about 8:00, an tehn we could head over to help other set up. The show allows early birds to enter at 10:00, so if you can't get in to sell, you would have at least a two hour wait.

Anyone else care to cast a vote?
Maybe 8:00? Then we would be at most an hour early.

thoughts.......
mark

I am going to check this in the morning, If no one else chimes in I am going to be at the CB at 8:00. If anyone wants to join me, great, if not, no worries, Maybe I'll catch you on the inside.

Mark

But wait, there's more!

I got an email from Dana this morning. Vintage Voltage will now be in the fall as well as Spring. The fall show will be in September at the National Western Complex. Not quite sure how I feel about this yet. Wasn't real happy with the last show (from a seller's perspective). Thoughts?

http://danacain.com/vintage-voltage-expo/

Happy trails,
Larry B.

Hey Larry,
She tried to do a second VV expo a second time in a year. This was a few years back. I felt it flopped kind of bad. I went as a seller and did very well, but that is because I was practically giving away my stuff. The other folks I went with did very poorly. As a buyer, the selections was very limited as compared to the spring show. If you go, go as a buyer and have fun. My $0.02 worth

I just noticed a email this weekend about her show. Kinda on the fence if its worth it to bring some things down there or not. Is it setup under a covered area, like where the cows are at durring the Livestock show? 8 hours does seem kind of long to sit around, but may have beer booths close by make it more doable.

"Vintage Voltage Expo * Saturday, September 12, 2015 * National Western Complex - Hall of Education
in conjunction with the Denver Modernism 10th Anniversary Show!

Dear vendors of vintage audio, radio, music gear and electronics,

The Fall Vintage Voltage Expo at the Denver Modernism Show on Saturday, September 12, is shaping up to be EPICALLY COOL! Scroll down to see the day's full ENTERTAINMENT LINE-UP! Tables are still just $45, with discounts for 3 or more.

What's GREAT about it????

In conjunction with the 10th Anniversary of the Denver Modernism Show! One ticket - both shows!
More than double the audience size!
SATURDAY means no conflicts with Broncos or church, and the best attended day at the Modernism Show!
Drive-In Loading and unloading for vendors! You can drive right up to your booth!
Charles Phoenix, Beatles Tribute Band, Surf Band, and other cool guests!
A full day of stage entertainment including a retro 70s Fashion Show and other retro goodies!
Entrance to stage area goes through the Vintage Voltage Expo! GREAT TRAFFIC!
Longer show hours: 10am - 6pm with a good crowd all day long!

I went to the fall show a few years ago. It was pretty lame. Granted, the economy was in the dumps, but most of the attendees were there for the modernism show. It is nothing like the spring expo. I certainly wouldn't spend the money for a table a a seller.

Just my $0.02 worth

I was also curious about it, the shows seem to really be a buyers market. Can't get much in the way of a deal if your a seller, buyers are just better off in the local market. Last time I was at the show selling, it was easier to sell base models offby the dozen then a nice piece. The local market just seems to be to thin and especially when most can or will use ebay or other services that allow a return option.

If you go Mark it would be great to see you again!

Back
Top Bottom