DeoxIT GIVEAWAY!!! Enter It Now!!

CAIG Labs

Manufacturer of DeoxIT
Sponsor
Subscriber
Hi guys! Thank you for all your support by using DeoxIT® brand and other CAIG products!
For you guys who never heard/use DeoxIT before, please visit our website for more info: www.caig.com

Now it's time for our first DeoxIT Giveaway in this forum!

How to enter

1. Please tell us what is the amazing use of DeoxIT for you. We would like to hear your experience using DeoxIT and any unique use that you discovered from this product line (it could be any of the DeoxIT line; DeoxIT, DeoxIT Gold, DeoxIT Fader or DeoxIT Shield).

PLUS Bonus Extra Entry to win! if you can like our Facebook Page and/or subscribe to our YouTube Channel :)

The prize

DeoxIT D5 Spray (part no. D5S-6) and the Extension Straw (part no. CL-EXT-PS2)
Click here for product info!

media.nl

media.nl

The winner will be announced on Friday 5/26 in this thread. Good luck guys! :thumbsup:
Fyi some of the comments from this thread will be posted on CAIG website as testimonials.

PS: Just a reminder for you guys who are interested to enter our DeoxIT Video contest,
the deadline to enter is May 31th (about two weeks from now), so don't miss it for a chance to win $1,000!!
For more info: http://caig.com/caig-video-contest-2017/

Last edited:
Well bummer...! I've never used DeoxIT...! But, I've dreamed about using DeoxIT. In the dream, it was the best cleaner ever! It cleaned the switches and contacts, and it even cleaned the finish, and restored some lost front panel lettering!!! And it smelled like strawberries! :D

Oh yea, in the dream, I sprayed DeoxIT in my computer, and it bumped up my internet speed...! Good stuff. :)

Also, I don't do Facebook, but I did subscribe to the YouTube channel. :cool:

Thanks, and again, Welcome to AK...!

Last edited:
I used it to bring back the receiver that got me started in audio. When I was in 8th grade.I was hanging around with my buddy Joe.He had a brother Mark who sang in a band and was really into music this was in 1976.What's really amazing was he was quadriplegic.He had a Marantz 2215 receiver I forget the speakers, possibly Dynaco's or AR-3s.
I never heard a nice stereo before,my parents had a crappy one.He played Vulcan Princess by Stanley Clake and I was blown away.I had to get a nice stereo too.
Mark and I became friends as well and Mark upgraded his stereo several times.Over the years we got together less and less. I had a family and a more than fulltime job.Then a few years ago Joe told me Mark was in the Hospital and before I could get a chance to see him he died.
Several months later Joe asked if I wanted to help him clean out Marks stuff from his parents basement where he lived.Sure.So I'm stacking some boxes and in the corner under a bunch of papers is the Marantz.Wow I said I thought Mark sold this a long time ago.Joe said You want it take it.Hell yeah,so We plugged it in and listened to it with some headphones, really scratchy and crackly,lots of dropouts.I brought it home and cleaned it and used DeoxiT on the controls and it sounded great.So now it's in my garage with all my other gear doing regular duty.

Last edited:
Works great for the usual cleaning of pots and switches. Has restored function to many stereos. However I was most surprised when it freed up the shafts on two frozen pots. :thumbsup: It's the first thing I try now.

Last edited:
It reserrected a Pioneer SA7500ii amp I bought just for parts. Was to use it for parts contributor. Now have two working amps.
This is not an unusual use, though.
Do wish the D5 leak prone two way nozzles could be replaced with your thin metal nozzle I bought. But it only fits my Faderlube can.

Last edited:
It is basically Technician in a Can. Units we find in the wild, missing channels, low volume here and there, noises when using the controls and folks are wanting to find a tech to fix em. Many times these old units haven't been used in years and have collected some dirt and corrosion. Dust is 6 to 10 Orders of Magnitude larger than an electron and without that electron we have nothing. All this gear runs on electrons.

An electron looking at a chunk of dust, corrosion or smoke residue is just going to stop, loss of channel there, or find another way to go, maybe a pop this time. It just makes sense to open up these units and follow the cleaning procedures with the different DeoxIT products before even considering a need for work from a tech. Follow the guide: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/in...diots-guide-to-using-deoxit-revisited.207005/ and you may well have a clean well functioning unit ready for more years of service.

My experience was with a Sansui 9090DB a friend had received. One channel real low other channel kinda ok but not clear and clean. We know this unit has the dreaded Dolby board with the pass through traces which can take out a channel. I was concerned about this especially since the owner said the guy that gave it to him indicated the local techs said it needed a volume control. I proceeded carefully with the unit, standard short DeoxIT sequence and lost the other channel but got the low one back. Another round of cleaning, more thorough, the selector switch contacts and the unit was getting much better. A final push to get to all the controls, some disassembly required, and we have a fully functioning Sansui 9090DB that sounds great.

I was slow on diving in asking questions on the Sansui Board because of the need for the Dolby Board repair and its complications. I wanted to find out all that was available to do before the decision was made that the board had to be repaired. DeoxIT made that repair unnecessary as there was nothing wrong with that board, just other corroded or dirty parts of the signal path, switches and controls.

Last edited:
I have a vintage receiver that, when I first got it off CL, I thought the tone control pots were completely seized up. DeoxIT proved me wrong! Sometimes I like being wrong.

I use D5 as a matter of course, in the restoration of vintage high end audio equipment. If it has pots and switches, they get DeOxit'd.

Enjoy,
Rich P

After tinkering with antique radios for a time, I branched out into audio and have used it on many switches and pots.

Tell you a story. I help with a big annual charity garage sale (Habitat for Humanity). I was a customer only until I saw a Pioneer SX-780 the night before the sale when I was donating items. First thing the next morning, it was gone. The volunteers said they were using it to test all the other audio gear, but the controls were so scratchy on the 780 that they threw it out. Lo and behold, there it was under the lid of the dumpster, nicely sitting on top of bags of trash. A little DeoxIT and it was good to go! That can of DeoxIT is long gone, but I'm still using that receiver 10 years later.

Edit: I am now co-chair of the Electronics department at this huge annual sale. Anything not up to snuff but repairable comes home with me for a DeoxIT bath. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I have the DeoxIT audio video Survival Kit and have used it for cleaning all the RCA connectors on my stereo. I have a LOT of these in use! Still haven't done any pots as none are scratchy.
One of the best things I recently used it on was my weather station
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KAKHAINE5#history
when it suddenly failed last winter. I brought it inside and popped open the battery door and saw a corroded mess with one of the leads completely ate through. I used DeoxIT D series on it, scrubbing all the battery connections till clear of corrosion and then soldered the lead back on. It has remained free of corrosion to this day. Outstanding product, giving protection to my weather station which is within 300 yds of the tidewater.

I've been using DeoxIt for two or three years now and it works as advertised. I know that's not much to say but it's the most important thing I could say.

Are entries going to be picked randomly or based on the best replies. If it's based on the best replies I probably just lost.

I have no electrical background but lots of mechanical. When I first had a channel dropping out on my favorite receiver, DeoxIT was recommended by everyone here as the first thing to do. It solved the problem lickedy-split. Since then it has revived many a receiver. I now also follow with Faderlube and find that to be the longest lasting method. On almost every repair the culprit has been the input/tape monitor switches.

A friend took a chance on a $10 yard sale HK receiver that was in someone's shed forever. He was brave enough to plug it in try it out and found it had one channel with problems and the usual issues when you moved any pots or switches. I told him he should try some DeoxIT before sending it out for repair. He had never heard of DeoxIT, so I volunteered that I had some at home, and would give it a try.

An hour and a half of spraying, pushing buttons, and twiddling knobs and the old HK was working just fine. When I returned it to him and he heard the difference for himself he said "What was the name of that stuff again, and where can I get some"? I told him if you own an old HK receiver you need DeoxIT, and I gave him your website info.

I used it on an old, long unused Sansui receiver, the pots could barely be turned when I started. After D5 and F5 it worked great, and the knobs turned freely. Excellent products.

I also liked your Facebook page. :)

Back
Top Bottom