Depressing Movies

Everest ... that's the problem with movies based on real life ... no Holyw-o-o-o-d happy ending.
Lesson I learned from this movie ... Life sometimes :( ... no good deed goes unpunished.

Great movie ... I'll never watch it again.

Last edited:
"The Wrestler" (starring Mickey Rourke and Marisa Tomei)
Probably sad more than depressing, watching a once-great wrestler still chasing a dream that had passed it`s expiration date twenty years earlier....filmed in an area that I am intimately familiar with gave it more personal impact....

Probably sad more than depressing, watching a once-great wrestler still chasing a dream that had passed it`s expiration date twenty years earlier....filmed in an area that I am intimately familiar with gave it more personal impact....
Yeah....that one too. Great acting, but damn depressing. I recorded it on my DVR, but after thinking about it I took it off.

"Les Miz" and to a greater extent, the stage play. The title says it all. Still my all time favorite musical.

I agree. It reminded of another down and out fighter movie, "Fat City" with Stacy Keach and Jeff Bridges from 1972. That also was pretty depressing.

Requiem For A Dream. Things don't turn out well for ANYONE in that movie. Well, Jennifer Connolly's character got her drugs, but at quite the price.

"Ararat" by Atom Egoyan, a brilliant, excellent movie, but I don't think I could watch it again...

"Les Miz" and to a greater extent, the stage play. The title says it all. Still my all time favorite musical.

I actually like the ending of the musical version (stage & screen) of Les Miserables, where those that have died are reunited in the afterlife.

Took my family to see the Broadway production last summer a few weeks before it closed; we got rush tickets in a box on stage right. A sniper emerged from the wall next to our box and was "shot" by Valjean from the stage. Very cool.

"Room" with Brie Larson. A high school girl is kidnapped and held for years; she gives birth to a son and raises him while they are captive.

My wife picked it; as we left the theater I said: "Jesus, that was depressing." She said: "Oh, the book was darker."

You've been warned! I left "Manchester" after 30 minutes and went for a walk.

"You Can Count On Me" was a sad but an excellent film which I could watch again. I would say the same for "Love And Mercy".

"Buried" Ryan Reynolds is Paul, an American contract truck driver in Iraq, taken captive by local insurgents and buried in a wooden box somewhere out in the desert, with only a cell phone....he desperately tries to contact someone who can help him.

Back
Top Bottom