Desert Eagle 357

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoor Adventure' started by NeedForSpeed, Sep 25, 2017.

1. MannyE

MannyE Exterminate! Subscriber

One thing I will admit though is that whenever I shoot this thing (which doesn't happen often) I do worry I'm going to be called "fingers" on account of i'm missing a bunch. :)

2. www.records

www.records Quality over Quantity

IMG_2070.JPG

Anyone ever shoot a Magnum Research 45/70? Not mine, but it looks punishing.

Boozehound likes this.
  3. MannyE

MannyE Exterminate! Subscriber

I'm sure it's fun at parties. I should call my local "lock and load" range and see if they rent that beast.

4. whoaru99

whoaru99 Epic Member

Yeah, guilty as charged. Back in the day thought it was pretty funny to have someone drop the hammer on a big load right out of the chute. Our little clique favorite was a 12ga 3" Magnum heavy load in one of those little lightweight single shot break open actions. That was downright mean, one is talking literally around "elephant gun" level of recoil there. 50+ pounds of recoil energy compared to 20 or so from a 30-06, or about 7 from the 7.62x39 AK/SKS round.

5. MurrayLives

MurrayLives Born to lose, live to win Subscriber

Nothing like giving a new shooter a flinch that takes forever to fix.

6. whoaru99

whoaru99 Epic Member

Indeed; which is why I haven't done anything like that in the last 35-36 years. Stupid shit you do when you're young and dumb.

MurrayLives likes this.
  7. MurrayLives

MurrayLives Born to lose, live to win Subscriber

Yeah, we've all done it. If it sounded like I was shrieking from my high-horse, I wasn't.

8. usedto

usedto Lunatic Member

Back in the late 80s when I still had my FFL. one of my customers bought a Thompson Center Contender frame from me to go with the 45-70 barrel he had bought. He was going pig hunting with it.

I didn't see him again for a year or so, and one day when he cam in I asked him how it worked out. He said he only fired it once - it kicked back, hit his forehead, and took 10 stitches. He sold it shortly after that.

9. MaxxVolume

MaxxVolume Super Member

That used to be known as a "Casull eyebrow" :)

10. Boozehound

Boozehound STP. Subscriber

A few yesrs ago a biker at the outdoor range I go to pulled one out his saddle bag on his Harley.
    Told a youngster and his father close by to stand back, as he shot the 45/70 pistol down range @ a 100yrd. target.

Another one I will never forget, a guy shot off a 50. BMG rifle ..I swear I felt the ground shake.
    I think its something crazy like a 1/4 pound of powder.. Good Times!

Best-

Boozehound

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    www.records likes this.
  11. Sandy G

Sandy G Spiteful Old Cuss Moderator Subscriber

The BIGGEST thing wrong w/the Uzi is how EASY it is to shoot, & if you have any experience at all w/shooting, you should be able to do QUITE well w/it in no time at all.. Recoil is minimal, but it IS a bit on the loud side. You will likely burn up a small fortune in ammo LONG B4 you get tired of fooling w/it. Its in NO WAY as a target pistol, but OTOH, after you kinda get "Used" to it, you can-& likely WILL surprise yrself w/seeing just HOW WELL it shoots. Women tend to be frightened at first w/it, but once they see how EASY it is to shoot, chances are they won't want to hand it back. It will let you know rather quickly when it wants to be cleaned-you'll barely be able to keep it from jamming. Do I-or any other "Private Citizen" actually NEED such a Contraption ? Nope-absolutely not. But I've had it converted since 1987,& I certainly have had a lot of fun w/it. It's also turned out a pretty good investment- I have roughly $1200-1500 in it, & while I haven't priced one out in awhile, a friend tells me that I could come pretty close to getting $15K for it should I decide to part company w/it, which s rather unlikely to happen. It's sorta in the same "Class" as a G-33K, SX1980, whatever the TOTLBig, honkin MC-Intosh is.People get mad at me when I refer to it as a kind of an ultimate "Toy", but in actuality, that's EXACTLY what it is.And yeah, it IS a kick to run few clips thru it in "Full-Auto" mode- Mowed down a few Bull-Weed patches that way the 1st day I had it. my buddy, John, said I had a big, stupid grin on my face-Of course, HE had to do the same thing when he had HIS turn to shoot...