Desperate times call for desperate measures

Anybody else remember the Red Green duct tape skits?
I love the the RED GREEN show it was on my local PBS station In Iowa when I lived there in the 90's. Adventures with Bill was my favorite sketch. And remember if the ladies don't find you handsome they may as well find you handy.

I am happy to report that I refoamed my speakers a couple days ago! The surrounds only took 4 days to arrive on USPS Priority Mail, and the Ebay seller shipped them almost instantly, so I am pretty happy. I maintain that my original duct tape repair was worthwhile; I was able to get my fix of audio, and it really didn't sound that bad. It definitely sounded better than it did when it was blown.

I love these RSb's. They are a very great value for money. They are great speakers for guys who don't have a lot of money for their hobby.

PLEASE IGNORE THE SLOPPY MESS OF A GLUING JOB.

rXbN61n.jpg

It does, but it seems like speaker surround sellers are always a little backwards. I usually find them on Ebay, which always seems to have a longer handling time and then slow USPS shipping. Weeks might be a bit of an overstatement, but I would not be surprised if it took at least one week to get to me. Plus there is the fact that USPS seems to let 75% of the packages I order sit at a sorting facility for 2-3 days. Does anyone know a foam surrounds seller that offers fast shipping?

I do, but I loaned them to my mother and she never gave them back. She is a teacher and I think she brought them to her classroom. :(

So you're saying the dustcaps are poked.

I just hate headphones, man.
Yep.

I used thinly sliced foam rubber and rubber cement , electric carving knives work great to shape a block of foam rubber !

99% of the world finds other things to do in their past time, do I dare say that their are other pastimes out there that one can do for fun other than listen to your stereo.

99% of the world finds other things to do in their past time, do I dare say that their are other pastimes out there that one can do for fun other than listen to your stereo.

Yeah, but how many other past times can you do while doing another past time? You can listen to your stereo while tying your fishing flies, building a new doghouse, reading a book etc. It is the ultimate multi-tasking past time!

Well, in my opinion, too much glue is preferable to too little. When refoaming, I usually get that super-neat line going, and then question myself until I'm forced to put a bead on the outside (which is recommended, but isn't aesthetic at all) and usually make a small mess.

Looks fine to me. Crank 'em, enjoy 'em.

Back
Top Bottom