1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

DH Labs Mirage USB cable

Discussion in 'DACs' started by brianjrealto, Sep 24, 2018.

1. brianjrealto

brianjrealto Well-Known Member

Good day all,

can anyone provide some feedback on the DH Labs Mirage USB cable and how it compared to other USB upper crust brands you've tried?

I've been considering the DH Labs Mirage, Curious Cable USB and CAD ( Computer Digital Audio) USB cables? CAD has two USB cables I and II

I'll be using the USB cable into a Schiit Gungnir, tube preamp and then Soundcraftsmen 2502 amp into ESS Monitor speakers.

I'm really intrigued by all 3 of these brands, just wanted some feedback. The Mirage is $240, while the CAD cables are $680 for I and $900 for the II

Please register to disable this ad.

2. JoeESP9

JoeESP9 ESL's & tubes since 83

I have DH Labs IC's and speaker cables. I'm very satisfied with them. I haven't dipped my toe in the USB cable pool yet.

3. TimF

TimF Super Member

I have used DH Labs cabling in my systems now for almost twenty years, good solid value. I have the Mirage USB as well, very happy with it, does what it is supposed to do. But I also have to say, I am not one to go through bundles of cables at this point just to see if I can maybe "hear" something better, different, perhaps....And this comment does not mean that I do not believe cables cannot make differences in a system. The only way you are going to know is to try them for yourself.

4. brianjrealto

brianjrealto Well-Known Member

I purchased the Mirage cable this past week. I had several USB cables i was interested in, but I have DH Labs IC's and speaker cable, making the decision easier. It arrived last Thursday, breaking in now. So far, it's very transparent and smooth, almost analog like. Cable break in is like letting a fine wine breath..

TimF likes this.