Dial cord 490-T

Discussion in 'Fisher' started by Thunderclap, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Thunderclap

Thunderclap New Member

It seems like the last three months all I have been repairing are 490T chassis.The question I have what is the purpose of the dial cord that appears to go to nothing?

2. larryderouin

larryderouin Do I get Food, Med's, or more gear this Month? Subscriber

If your facing the dial with the knobs on the right, is this dial cord on the left of the dial face in line with the end of the dial pin. Look at the dial pin and if it's flattened it's possible that the dial pin sets under this cord so it doesn't bang the glass every time you move the knob to adjust the dial. Magnavox did this on some of their larger console tuners also.

If it's not where described, take a couple of pictures, so we can see what you are talking about and maybe the collective can come up with an answer. WE ARE THE BORG! You WILL be assimilated. Resistance (Pun intended) is FUTILE!

3. Thunderclap

Thunderclap New Member

I remember it on the Magnavox.I can't recall one on a Fisher but at my age what I had for lunch could be a problem.I will post a picture.The unit has since left for its home.
    Thank you.

Attached Files:

4. larryderouin

larryderouin Do I get Food, Med's, or more gear this Month? Subscriber

That's it. It will usually go thru the open rivet just to the left of the glass and get knotted off. It holds the dial pin from bouncing while being moved, as the dial cord torques while getting pulled one way or the other. It's not a critical item.