Dial Indicator Alignment Onkyo T-4

rd48sec

I have a Onkyo T-4 tuner that is working but the dial indicator is off. Which pot is used to align the indicator so when I am tuned into a station it is aligned with the proper frequency?

Thanks!

Not a pot type adjustment. Local oscillator in the front-end usually has the trim cap and adjustable coil. Cap to make pointer line up at 106 or there bouts and the coil for the low end around 90. Verify with service manual for the T-4. Suggest cleaning the front-end first. After cleaning the dial maybe much closer to where it suppose to be.

Dumb question - check mechanical alignment - it is possible that the pointer has moved on the string. (not having seen one this is just a basic starting point).

Not a pot type adjustment. Local oscillator in the front-end usually has the trim cap and adjustable coil. Cap to make pointer line up at 106 or there bouts and the coil for the low end around 90. Verify with service manual for the T-4. Suggest cleaning the front-end first. After cleaning the dial maybe much closer to where it suppose to be.

I am fairly new to tuner servicing. Before I clean the front-end, what exactly am I cleaning? Pots, tuning cap ground connections, ????
Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
Dumb question - check mechanical alignment - it is possible that the pointer has moved on the string. (not having seen one this is just a basic starting point).
Thanks for the input. I did check that before and it appears to be OK.

check mechanical alignment - it is possible that the pointer has moved on the string

True... Check the scale there may be a mark at either end, could be a blank spot in a line, there is usually some indication where the pointer is aligned. Electronic alignment is much more common, but some times the pointer comes loose or may have been moved.

Got it! Cleaned and lubed the front-end. Dial indication didn't change. Adjusted L005 and TC004 and it is aligned perfect.

Thanks for the help and info everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom