Diana Krall LP's? Not much out there

sgleich

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I was thinking to get my Wife a couple of Krall LP's to help her appreciate fine Hi-Fi and get her back from the ipod dock nails on chalkboard darkside. I was surprised that there is very little that has been released. A couple with original pressing in the $100's and others never released aside from 45RPM Audiophile pressings. These would be fine except that they might be too much work for her!

Her fav is "All for You" and that seems to have not been released as a 33rmp. Is there a reason? It seems reissues of these would fly off the shelves.

I was thinking to get my Wife a couple of Krall LP's to help her appreciate fine Hi-Fi and get her back from the ipod dock nails on chalkboard darkside. I was surprised that there is very little that has been released. A couple with original pressing in the $100's and others never released aside from 45RPM Audiophile pressings. These would be fine except that they might be too much work for her!

Her fav is "All for You" and that seems to have not been released as a 33rmp. Is there a reason? It seems reissues of these would fly off the shelves.

All her recordings are available in DSD and high-res PCM, which means that these are perfect or almost perfect copies of original masters. They as good as they could possibly be. There is no reason to damage them in LP pressing process.

I find it strange that you seem to have trouble locating reissues of Diana Krall's catalog on 33RPM vinyl. The first three online retailers that I pulled up all have them in stock and ready to ship.

1. acousticsounds.com $ 34.98

2. elusivedisc.com $ 34.99

3. musicdirect.com $ 34.99

All three of them have "All For You" flying off the shelves at the above prices. :angel:

All her recordings are available in DSD and high-res PCM, which means that these are perfect or almost perfect copies of original masters. They as good as they could possibly be. There is no reason to damage them in LP pressing process.

I have three or four of them and they are indeed incredible. Like you are sitting on the stage.

I don't have any of Diana Krall's LPs but several of her CDs ("All for You", "The Look Of Love", "When I look in your eyes") sound incredible. "Live in Paris" is one of the best live recordings I've ever heard. There seem to be a ton of her used CDs available, and at least in my neck of the woods, they are dirt cheap. That said, I've always been curious how her vinyl sounds. But hard for me to fork out the money when her CDs are stellar.

I have the CD's and the HD files... I want her to start appreciating LP's... her own collection. The potential benefits are obvious!

I can't believe I spent an hour looking and thought what I was seeing was 45rpm. So is say "all for you" a digital file pressed onto an LP?

I could then say... "One for you... three or four for me" but "Yours are new though and mine are these old dusty Blue Note's made before you were born".

Last edited:
Amazon lists over a dozen of her releases on vinyl (including some 180gm). I checked because that is where I remember finding her rag doll double album for the best price awhile back. With that cover art, I could not settle for the small cd.:p

See this link...

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/diana-krall-live-in-paris-180-gram-45-rpm-vinyl-records.shtml

"Bernie Grundmans remastering for vinyl puts Live in Paris in the gold plated category for the legions of Krall aficionados. This two-LP audiophile edition would make an ideal late night listening experience, or the perfect background soundtrack for a special dinner party." - Audiophile Audition

"The recording, engineered by legend Al Schmitt, sounded good on CD. But ORG's stellar two-disc, 180-gram vinyl reissue, remastered by Bernie Grundman, trumps it. Surfaces are dead quiet, and the LP is lighter on its feet, more layered, airier, finer grained, and more transparent. Live in Paris is a great addition to a choice LP collection." - Neil Gader, The Absolute Sound, January 2010, Issue 200, reviewing the 180g ORG 33 1/3rpm version

So is the 33 1/3rd version also remastered by Bernie Grundman?

With all this talk regarding Diana K anyone interested ponying up
for a copy of her dental x-ray's?

Back
Top Bottom