Did you ever have a dream so vivid, you could not be sure if it was real?

o_OThe worst vivid dream I have had to date is this. Flying a Spitfire in WWII a german fighter comes out of the sun riddles the plane and me with bullets. The plane goes into a lazy descending spin I can see but cant move and then under the instrument panel burst into flame and starts to burn me. As I get closer to the ground I see a Hay field complete with a wagon and hay bails. It gets closer and closer impact blinding flash dead black. I jerked up right breathing hard and my heart pounding and sweating, that was the worst vivid dream I ever had and it was like 35 years ago and I can still recollect that dream in my mind as clear as the night it happened.

No.
But I've lost count of how many have come true.
Some disturbing. A real f'ing nightmare. Like 9-11. I had a dream about all these people running around "white" with the world ending kinda feeling with the ground cracking open, buildings falling etc. I woke up rattled and won't lie, crying a bit. SUCKS to wake up to your day like this. Turns out later (about six months) those people in my dream were covered in white dust. I was mind blown when it happened.
The in another just when I'm about to fall asleep I can
hear music playing clear as the stereo you listen too on low. Usually classical in nature. Only happens once a year, pretty wild. All without smoking mushrooms.:D
To end in a good note. I absolutely LOVE the ones where you wake up laughing it was such a funny dream. That's a heck of a way to start a day. Laughing.

Sure have. The bad ones are not being able to move a muscle and trying to wake up.

Barney
This happened to me for the first time not to long ago. I was FROZEN. I could hear people about me, talking, walking in the room. I was screaming in my head to move, move, move! Finally I mustered enough strength to move a single finger and that broke the "spell". Terrifying. Never experienced that before.

Camped in the North Cascades, under a huge tree, next to a creek, after climbing Mount Logan. A bear pads softly up to my sleeping bag. He puts his paw on my chest, testing. Then pushes down harder. And harder. I am frozen in fear. I can feel the pressure on my chest, tightening. I have to do something but cannot move.

Then I bolted up to sitting position with a tremendous roar. My brother next to me tells me I must have been dreaming.

Our buddy on the other side of the tree says nothing. Asked in the morning if he heard me, he said yes, but he'd be damned if he was going to get up and investigate! He spent the next hour listening until he fell back asleep.

Another friend later told me that the Bear was obviously my totem.

I've been "frozen" a few times myself; hasn't happened in a long time. The first time was scary. The other times, I relaxed and everything was ok. I hear it's due to the part of the brain that keeps you from physically "acting out" your dreams not waking up yet.

Years ago with the aid of shroom-button tea, I was able to turn myself into smoke and enter inside different places with locked doors and listen to the conversations of the inhabitants. Then later, when I was calling people by name that I had never me before, I realized I knew their name from that trip. I stayed for a few weeks just outside of Taos and "met" many people I kinda already knew.

Wild.

I am a skeptic and a cynic and I do not have an explanation for this.

This is not directed at anyone, just a general thought on the subject of dreams.
Nothing mystical about them (dreams), just the brain doing house cleaning of the previous days thoughts and events. It's why if we don't sleep we loose it mentally (sleep deprivation), that stuff needs to be processed and purged.

I cringe when i visit someone place and spot book/s on Dream Analysis *sigh*

Not that I don't find the mystical stuff curiously interesting.
Camped in the North Cascades, under a huge tree, next to a creek, after climbing Mount Logan. A bear pads softly up to my sleeping bag. He puts his paw on my chest, testing. Then pushes down harder. And harder. I am frozen in fear. I can feel the pressure on my chest, tightening. I have to do something but cannot move.

Then I bolted up to sitting position with a tremendous roar. My brother next to me tells me I must have been dreaming.

Our buddy on the other side of the tree says nothing. Asked in the morning if he heard me, he said yes, but he'd be damned if he was going to get up and investigate! He spent the next hour listening until he fell back asleep.

Another friend later told me that the Bear was obviously my totem.
I liked reading that experience you had.
That pressure pushing down is something I also have experienced in a sleep or near sleep state.
Psychology and Neurosciences can explain these experiences.

Myself i have experienced phenomenon that would have a believer believe I have been abducted by aliens, and another experience would have a believer believe I had experienced paranormal activity.

The truth is It's the brain, and not something outside of it :)

Interesting stuff for sure.

I have to say that I must disagree with datafone. In my opinion, dreams reach farther than we mere mortals are capable of in our daily life. I do agree with datafone that dreams are a cleaning station of the mind, put there to cleans the brain of brain chemical "pollution". There is scientific proof of the cleansing theory.

I just have to believe that there is more to dreams than just the cleansing of the brain. It is just the same as I can't look at the complexity and wonder of nature and not feel that there isn't a greater force involved. Not all, but some dreams have significance in our lives and possibly other's lives too.

As far as the frozen thing, it has happened to me. During a very trying time in my life, shortly before I retired early, I had a continual succession of dreams in which a fearful, unseen figure was always the leading figure in the dream. In every case i was unable to move to save myself. I was most often hiding under or in something and could not stir enough fearlessness out of myself to come out into the light. I very often screamed or yelled in these dreams because I could not move. Many times, when I yelled, I was, in reality and in the dream, unable to make a sound. I had been suffering from anxiety and depression at that time and it was not until I got some counseling, that the dreams finally stopped. I believe to this day that those series of dreams were there to warn me that I was in trouble and had to face the unknown specter, in order to heal myself.

Just one man's perspective.

I had a dream last week that a good friend of mine that passed away 10 years ago, walked up from behind me, put his hand on my shoulder while I was sitting down at a table and when I looked up to see him standing there, I was in total shock, he just said, "Yes, its me, and I'm doing fine......." . I woke up out of my dream startled with a scream! I've never done that before in my life!

Many times. I have a theory that anyone who has used things that affect the brain will have more than normal.

By the way, there is a tiny amount of naturally occurring DMT in the cerebrospinal fluid in many animals, including humans. That could be related as well.

I have to say that I must disagree with datafone. In my opinion, dreams reach farther than we mere mortals are capable of in our daily life. I do agree with datafone that dreams are a cleaning station of the mind, put there to cleans the brain of brain chemical "pollution". There is scientific proof of the cleansing theory.

I just have to believe that there is more to dreams than just the cleansing of the brain. It is just the same as I can't look at the complexity and wonder of nature and not feel that there isn't a greater force involved. Not all, but some dreams have significance in our lives and possibly other's lives too.

As far as the frozen thing, it has happened to me. During a very trying time in my life, shortly before I retired early, I had a continual succession of dreams in which a fearful, unseen figure was always the leading figure in the dream. In every case i was unable to move to save myself. I was most often hiding under or in something and could not stir enough fearlessness out of myself to come out into the light. I very often screamed or yelled in these dreams because I could not move. Many times, when I yelled, I was, in reality and in the dream, unable to make a sound. I had been suffering from anxiety and depression at that time and it was not until I got some counseling, that the dreams finally stopped. I believe to this day that those series of dreams were there to warn me that I was in trouble and had to face the unknown specter, in order to heal myself.

Just one man's perspective.
Some of these phenomenon can be reproduced by stimulating certain parts of the brain, things like what is described by people relating near death experiences for example.
BUT what I have said is just my view from looking into these things, and I respect that you have a different view and I don't.. and am not attempting to diminish that in any way :thumbsup:

Glad you got past that depression, it can be a very debilitating and nasty experience.

Some of these phenomenon can be reproduced by stimulating certain parts of the brain, things like what is described by people relating near death experiences for example.
BUT what I have said is just my view from looking into these things, and I respect that you have a different view and I don't.. and am not attempting to diminish that in any way :thumbsup:

Glad you got past that depression, it can be a very debilitating and nasty experience.

I appreciate a difference of view and thank you for your kind remark. As for me, at present, all goes well. Thanks.

I've had two sleep studies done about 6 years apart. Both times I laid in the bed for hours unable to get to sleep. I tried all sorts of things to get into sleep mode with no luck. In the morning I talked to the sleep technician and he said I was out like a light all night. Since it happened both visits, I'm wondering if it was caused by all the electrodes I was hooked up to.

For me, accidentally eating many pickles cause me to have long term realistic dreams. First, let me tell you that I am a compulsive reader. I can read upside down just about as fast as normal. I want to read everything. Try that in a dream. Sure, it LOOKS like a regular newspaper, but their are no coherent sentences. I know. I've tried. Just strings of words. I have had the same dreams a few times. The most recent dream was in march of last year. The winds came up, and the local airport was changing the flight patterns overhead. So..... i was asleep their were 5-7 of my neighbors. we were ALL scared as Shytte! Standing on top of my roof was a 15' tall T Rex. two smaller ones were looking into the windows to see if their was movement. I was more concerned that the roof would cave in!!!!!! The jets and creaking of the 38 year old wood frame house added in the sound effects my mind needed to scare the poop out of me. Another dream I had, with several similar themes is being trapped in a maze of a big house that had no exits, to stores that had stacks of newspapers s a maze I never got out of. Yet another was having a Bell Jet Belt (made famous by John Robinson of Lost in Space fame) that was faulty. The trust was either full power or off. I was over water at my local county park lake. Fun ride but didn't like the prospect of drowning. I never have good dreams.

I dreamed of doing a pee once in awhile. Then I woke up and realize I needed to go. I sort of worry that one of these will be different.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom